Christmas Pictures ideas for while we're on our cruise...

Matt&Carolyn

Hi! We'll be on Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas the first week of November. I figure it's around when I normally take (or get) a family photo for Christmas cards, so it should be a fun time to do so! I'm trying to think of ideas for a photo, though. Ideally, I don't really want the onboard photography that may be more formal or with a fake background. I would LOVE to set up a tripod and take a bunch of self-timer photos, maybe on a beach somewhere or maybe just near the port? The logistics of bringing along a tripod (and any other clothing?) to a beach excursion is daunting, so that's why the near-the-port idea stands out in my mind. :) We're stopping at Roatan, Belize, & Cozumel - any great ideas for those? Or maybe just a nice spot somewhere on the ship?

I would love any ideas. Thank you!!

Hi! We'll be on Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas the first week of November. I figure it's around when I normally take (or get) a family photo for Christmas cards, so it should be a fun time to do so! I'm trying to think of ideas for a photo, though. Ideally, I don't really want the onboard photography that may be more formal or with a fake background. I would LOVE to set up a tripod and take a bunch of self-timer photos, maybe on a beach somewhere or maybe just near the port? The logistics of bringing along a tripod (and any other clothing?) to a beach excursion is daunting, so that's why the near-the-port idea stands out in my mind. :) We're stopping at Roatan, Belize, & Cozumel - any great ideas for those? Or maybe just a nice spot somewhere on the ship?

I would love any ideas. Thank you!!

Would the onboard photographers take a picture out on the deck with the sea in the background? If not, you could post on the Belize or Cozumel port boards - maybe you can find a local professional photographer that could take some pics.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We've done some our Christmas cards using photos from RCCL's more casual "white background" where you can be in shorts and t-shirts- you have to be bare foot to be on the mat, and the photographer works with your group to try different fun and silly poses.

There are even some props you can use if you'd like.

We usually end up having so much fun and cracking up laughing that the pictures reflect all of us genuinely smiling and laughing, so we get some great shots to choose from.

Then you can select the border for the cards which usually an assortment of holiday borders, and it may include the ship name and month- I can't remember if that was included or if we personalized that as part of our message when we printed the cards.

Was really nice to be addressing my holiday cards on the flight home and able to just pop them in the mail when we arrived (I had brought address labels and stamps with me, knowing we would be trying to get holiday cards done on board).

Good luck with your decision-

Was really nice to be addressing my holiday cards on the flight home and able to just pop them in the mail when we arrived (I had brought address labels and stamps with me, knowing we would be trying to get holiday cards done on board).

Good luck with your decision-

Oh that does have very high points!! Smart thinking. :) Thanks for your help!

What about bringing Santa hats and just having someone take a few pictures in Roatan? You could upload to Shutterfly or whatever and put a fun caption on there related to your cruise.

Yeah that was my base idea, although I was thinking I wouldn't be able to find Santa hats in October? Maybe I can, though :)

We did pictures of our then 3 year old playing on the beach in Grand Turk with a red and white swim shirt/shorts and a Santa hat. I think our caption was warm wishes this holiday season or something like that. Came out great, trying to think of something to do this year. I know a couple of others who post on here have done something similar with their kids too. Our stores here already have Christmas stuff out! Really taking "seasonal creep" to new levels this year, so I'm sure you can find Santa hats in October.

If you see a place you like on the ship area for your pictures (like the Royal Promenade or up on the top deck), plan to take the pictures in the morning of a port day when most of the passengers are off the ship. You will have the ship virtually for your family such that you can set up the tripod at your leisure without worrying about other people knocking it over or photo bomb you in the background.

If you see a place you like on the ship area for your pictures (like the Royal Promenade or up on the top deck), plan to take the pictures in the morning of a port day when most of the passengers are off the ship. You will have the ship virtually for your family such that you can set up the tripod at your leisure without worrying about other people knocking it over or photo bomb you in the background.

Good idea, thank you!