Are some cabins ‘blocked out’ during sales?

step_out

We have recently returned from the 12 night Grand Med cruise, aboard the Regal Princess. It was our first cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed it (who wouldn't!). As such, we are now looking to book our next cruise.

I have been browsing various cruises leaving Sydney, Australia, in Jan / Feb / March next year. Ideally, we were looking at the South Pacific & Fiji cruise on the Sun Princess (24th Jan or 20th Feb).

It appears that all Balcony cabins are sold out, with the exception of about 4 or so cabins that only have ‘twin uppers’. As this appears to be the case for all cruises that I have looked at (I broadened the search to the NZ cruises), I wondered whether Princess may have ‘blocked’ a number of cabins, due to there being a sale on? Have Princess done this in the past with sales, or do you feel that all Balcony cabins on each of the cruises, would likely have sold?

Any help appreciated!

Travel agents may have reserved blocks of cabins. Also, it depends on the cruise but if two separate cruises are also being sold as one longer cruise, a certain number of cabins will be reserved for each option. A good TA can get you what you want if this is the case.

Thanks Pam, just stumbled on the answer, I think. As I selected 3 people (as my 3 year old would be coming), we then appear limited to a twin upper room.

Despite the fact he would only sleep in our bed, it seems we are unable to book a standard balcony.

Many thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the Sun Class ships, I would avoid the triple and quad balcony cabins. If you want more info, look for pictures of these cabins on the Sun, Dawn, Sea or Ocean Princess of quad balcony cabins. Entirely different setup than newer ships.

The mini suites on these ships are very spacious!

Edited by Coral