Patagonia Shorex

CruiserRob

Anyone use this company? What did you think?

What are the alternatives.

Robert

I made contact with PS prior to our Jan 2014 Around the Horn cruise and started organizing tours. After other tours started showing up on the roll call, I could see that PS was way out of line on pricing. In fact, they were about 1/3 more than any of the other tour companies.

Ultimately, I cancelled with PS and joined a group using SouthExcursions and we were pleased with our our tours with SE.

• 3 weeks later...

We did a SA cruise on Celebrity Infinity in 2014. While we really like DIY touring and exploring on our own, we decided to do private tours in Puerto Montt, Valparaiso and Lima. Based on a CC review, I contacted Jaime Liebrecht at Patagonia Shore Excursions. Jaime was our tour guide and driver in Puerto Montt and it was a wonderful day. He had very good perspectives and commentary and was a very pleasant person. He arranged tours for us in the other two cities - in fact, I believe in Valparaiso he arranged for our tour through South Excursions. In both cases, guides and drivers were prompt, pleasant and well informed, but not as good as Jaime!

We would recommend working with Patagonia Shore Excursions. Great response time while you are planning and ability to personalize your day. With respect to pricing, we did private tours (just 2 of us) and prices were in line with other offerings. For semi-private tours, perhaps their prices are higher than the competition?

It was a fabulous trip - hope you enjoy your experience in South America

Mary

• 9 months later...

Jaimie does have a good reputation but he gave us the worst experience we have ever had with a tour guide.

making the reservations with him was easy but once on the boat the problems began. One of our ports were cancelled due to weather. Money would be refunded when our cruise was over. Okay

Next port we were taking a boat to view penguins. We Met our tour guide, boarded the van. We were then taken into town to walk around a plaza for one hour. When we returned to the van we were told due to weather no boats were allowed out that day. TOUR CANCELLED. We went back to the boat. NO other tour to the Penguins were cancelled. Everyother tour went out. This is a once in a life time experience and he stole it from us.

When we got home we waited for the reimbursement, after 2 weeks the communication began with him. Always promising the credit and never receiving it. I finally cancelled the payment thru my credit card. Then he submitted the reimbursement.

I never met Jaimie, always another tour guide.

There are so many wonderful tours offered..I would not recommend booking with him to avoid this type of problem.