Switch my cruise date and ports???

Shutterlady

It looks like I have to switch my cruise to Alaska from the beginning of July to the beginning of August. We'll not be stopping in Juneau, Ketchikan and Icy Strait Point, but Juneau, Sitka and Haines. My last time there in 2004, we did Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway. Could someone please let me know if these new stops of Sitka and Haines will be just as much fun? I was looking around in the shore excursions, and it doesn't seem as exciting. Any recommendations on what to do in Sitka and Haines????

Yes, both ports are very worthwhile to visit. But are you limited to a particular ship, cruiseline??? There should be other options available to you??

Request visitor guides. http://www.sitka.org http://www.haines.ak.us/index.html

If these ports are not of interest for your touring , then I certainly would choose a sailing that includes what is.

Somehow I knew Budget Queen would be the one to respond!!! :) Seeing as I was born in Waterloo, and grew up around Geneva, you're in my old neighborhood.

I want to sail Princess, round trip from San Francisco. Between my husbands 100/200 mile bike rides, and my sons week at camp, I'm pretty limited to what dates I can sail. I have booked the 7/5, only to find that it conflicts with my husbands cycling ride in the beginning of July called the "Death Ride" tour of the California Alps. So that puts me at only the first cruise in August that I can take.

I don't really mind seeing two different ports than the last and only time I was in Alaska. It's just that I don't see much mentioned on these boards about Sitka and Haines. If anyone has done something in these ports that they would recommend I would appreciate the information.

I have been to both Sitka and Haines several times. In Sitka, it's a great walking city, plenty to see and do. Consider Raptor Center, Sitka Heritage Park, maine wildlife is superb, only place inside passage to see sea otters and puffins on a boat trip. Haines is small, a couple small museums, rafting is great here. Good tours by Yeshua. As I mentioned, request their visitor guides for a closer look.

Archived