MSC Grand Mediterranean Cruises

RosePerth

I have done one of these "back to back" cruises in 2014 - 7 days on the Musica and 7 days on the Presioza. (Already reviewed on Tripadvisor). The price quoted at the time in the advert was for BOTH weeks as a single cruise plus the single supplement.

Last week I enquired about another of these Grand Med Cruises (Meraviglia/Musica). I was aghast at the email response - each week was quoted as a separate cruise and a total of $7,550 - and this at an advertised price of $2308 - excessive I thought even allowing for single supplement to be added. I sent off a further enquiry but just received the same email back. Nowhere in the advert does it indicate that the price is for one leg of the cruise only. Misleading to say the least! I'm now disillusioned with MSC when I had been most impressed after my previous cruise and had recommended them to friends. I guess we live and learn!

I have done one of these "back to back" cruises in 2014 - 7 days on the Musica and 7 days on the Presioza. (Already reviewed on Tripadvisor). The price quoted at the time in the advert was for BOTH weeks as a single cruise plus the single supplement.

Last week I enquired about another of these Grand Med Cruises (Meraviglia/Musica). I was aghast at the email response - each week was quoted as a separate cruise and a total of $7,550 - and this at an advertised price of $2308 - excessive I thought even allowing for single supplement to be added. I sent off a further enquiry but just received the same email back. Nowhere in the advert does it indicate that the price is for one leg of the cruise only. Misleading to say the least! I'm now disillusioned with MSC when I had been most impressed after my previous cruise and had recommended them to friends. I guess we live and learn!

how can be a cruises on two different ships be advertised as one cruise? :rolleyes: can you put the link for this "advertising" please, I really want to see it.

https://www.msccruises.com.au/en-au/Cruise-Deals/Deals-By-Destination/grand-mediterranean-cruises.aspx I can assure you I did the same cruise in 2014 (different ships) and the price quoted was for the entire cruise NOT separate legs.

Looks like it's an AUS & NZ MSC special as there is nothing like it on the UK web site.

probably because of the distance and time for the flights it makes sense to have 14 nights on board and do W & E Med itineraries.

The adverts state "cruise only prices" so have you been quoted with flights included?

Pete

Edited by Skier52

No flights included. This was the quote for the 14 days. The last Grand Med cruise cost me $2358 including single supplement.

even when I added return flights and two nights on shore hotels, the drinks package and some of the shore excursions my total cost only came to $5377. I'm at a loss to know how it now is over $2000 more. But what annoys me the most is the lack of clarity in their advert. It's very misleading, particularly if you've done the cruise before.

It's still cheaper than flying between the two cities with Alitalia (only airline available). That cost $185 in 2014. My flights were Perth-Venice and return as there was no direct flight to Genoa so I had to fly to Genoa for the first leg of the cruise. Going back to Venice was free in a coach.

It sounds good until you get their quote and find the charge is per leg not for the whole voyage! I queried with them why this was so when my last Grand Med voyage was one charge for the whole 14 days and I haven't even had the courtesy of a reply other than a standard email "did you get out quote - book now to avoid disappointment..." No explanation forthcoming at all!

It sounds good until you get their quote and find the charge is per leg not for the whole voyage! I queried with them why this was so when my last Grand Med voyage was one charge for the whole 14 days and I haven't even had the courtesy of a reply other than a standard email "did you get out quote - book now to avoid disappointment..." No explanation forthcoming at all!

If you want to see what MSC do to prices see this thread post #1

This is for a sailing on Meraviglia, one of the two ships you name

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2372955

Pete

Seems like they may have lost the plot. I have leaned heavily towards them for cruises as their prices were so good, even allowing for return air fare from Australia but I'm starting to revise my thoughts! I've actually now booked another cruise to New Zealand on another cruise line.