Going beyond Totem Bight Park

knbcruisers

I am most likely going to rent a car in Ketchikan as DH is not big fan of bus travel. It looks like it could be a nice drive past the park, and then to the harbor. The online city map shows a hiking trail at end of the road. In the opposite direction from town the road ends at the cannery and another trail.

Has anyone done this and could provide details on this drive?

Thank you for those links. They are very helpful I am going to download the usda trail guide to take with us. I think it will be fun and fairly budget minded.

It looks like there are many 1 hour hikes to choose from, some giving beach access to look for whales and seals.

Edited by knbcruisers

We hired a car last August in Ketchikan. We used the First City Car Rental as it was the only company that brings you the car to the closest parking to your dock which makes the car rental much easier rather than having to take a cab to the Car rental office or wherever.

We just drove to Totem Bight State Park, it is pretty easy to get there, you just have to drive past the tunnel and continue for about 10 miles and you'll see a signal with the name of Totem Bight State Park. We went there pretty early and we had the park to ourselves as there was practically nobody!

I am sorry I cannot help you with the trail you mention at the end of the road!

I am most likely going to rent a car in Ketchikan as DH is not big fan of bus travel. It looks like it could be a nice drive past the park, and then to the harbor. The online city map shows a hiking trail at end of the road. In the opposite direction from town the road ends at the cannery and another trail.

Has anyone done this and could provide details on this drive?

The north end has plenty to see and do, excellent trails to consider. By the Cannery, and some south areas, be advised there is private property that is not accessible to be aware of.