Tequila

davy jones

There's a shop (maybe 2) in the cruise port. There's another just outside the cruise port (Tequila Museum) next to the pharmacy. There's 2-3 small mercados that also carry tequila in Mahahual. One is on the malecon and Rubio (iirc--see my sign For map link) the other one block in from the beach just past the soccer field.

Nohoch Kay and Fernando's 100% Agave sell a local whiskey distilled in Xcalak just south of the port. It may or may not be agave based, but it is real hooch not this designer stuff the big distillers are marketing around here. I had a shot and decided it wasn't for me. Fernando's may not be open during the daytime, but his separate store is the one by the soccer field.

There is a tiny shop right past the fruit lady that sells some (across from the soccer field). There is also a shop farther along where you turn for nohoch Kay ( hit and miss as to whether it's open) These are basically little liquor stores but I've gotten some great deals on tequila previously. Hermanos Martin on your left as you exit the cruise port also has a few types of good tequila depending on how busy he's been.