Cave Tubing

arumbaugh

I know this has been addressed but I can't find what I need. I want to cave tube however I don't want to carry my tube to the launch. I'm on vacation I don't want over exert myself LOL! What company has the tunes waiting for you or carries them? Yes I know I have to hike to the launch area, I just don't want to hike and carry a tube, that's doing too much :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

My family of 9 (ages 11 to 68 ) just returned from the Carnival Dream cruise that stopped in Belize last week. We booked the cavetubing/ziplining tour with Charlie Chan( charliescavetubing@yahoo.com ) and it was a great experience for all of us. Charlie's son carried our tubes up to the river and inflated them for us.

Charlie has been guiding on the river for many years and he is an expert on Mayan history, religion and nature. He is also very intelligent and funny. We had a blast with him and we learned a lot!

We all had a great time ziplining on this tour. We got to zip on 7 exciting lines through the jungle and across the river. We even saw and heard some loud howler monkeys.

You can't go wrong if you go with Charlie. I highly recommend him and he charges much less than the cruise lines.:D

I know this has been addressed but I can't find what I need. I want to cave tube however I don't want to carry my tube to the launch. I'm on vacation I don't want over exert myself LOL! What company has the tunes waiting for you or carries them? Yes I know I have to hike to the launch area, I just don't want to hike and carry a tube, that's doing too much :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Cave Tubing with ViVTours. Had a great time with ViVTours, everything went according

to promised, and the guides (“Rock”, Raheem, and Paul) were funny, energetic, and very

knowledgeable. ViVTours carries (except the last 5 minutes of a leisure narrative stroll thru the rain

forest) your tubes to the river for you, unlike the majority of the other outfitters that make you carry

your own tube for the 45 minute hike. My only complaint is they need to do something about the AC

in their vans. The drive to the river is a little over an hour, and the van was unbearably HOT! I finally

opened the window and it was so much cooler than with the AC on. If you are going to do cave

tubing, I highly recommend VivTours.

Hi Sir Randy, did they have bottoms in their tubes? Also do you pay before arrival or when you get there, can you pay with credit card or does it have to be cash, we are there in August and are thinking of using this company, I don't; want to carry the tube and I like the idea of a bottom in the tube,

Hi Sir Randy, did they have bottoms in their tubes? Also do you pay before arrival or when you get there, can you pay with credit card or does it have to be cash, we are there in August and are thinking of using this company, I don't; want to carry the tube and I like the idea of a bottom in the tube,

Yes, they have bottoms in them and head rests, comfortable enough to take a nap in. They only take cash and you pay as you board the van for the ride to the river. We took our own snacks (beef jerky, breakfast bars, dried pineapple) as we did not see any food offered at the river compound.

Thanks for the info, trying to decided between VIV and cavetubing.bz, both seeem to have good reveiws, both carry the tubes, we have a while to decide, bz. offer drinks and rum punch with your meal, which is nice, thanks for all our help

• 3 months later...

Just got back from our trip yesterday, and I cannot recommend cavetubing.bz highly enough! We had the best time, from our 8-year-old new swimmer to his mommy who hasn't "hiked" since about 100 pounds ago.... So glad we didn't have to carry our own tubes, and our small group size made it easy to move as quickly or slowly as we liked. I think I learned more on the hike than I did on any other tours we did last week.