Port Klang / Penang / Langkawai

allygray

Hi

I am going to the above ports on Mariner of the Seas in January....

Any recommendations for any of the ports above? Each port we are there from 8am-5pm....

2 teenagers and 2 adults

Not sure if we could physically do the Batu Cave Steps :o - is it worth going regardless?

Prefer to do local tours or on our own.... prefer not to pay the high prices the ships charge:(.

Also tendering at Phuket for 2 days.....

thanks in advance...:D

Hi

I am going to the above ports on Mariner of the Seas in January....

Any recommendations for any of the ports above? Each port we are there from 8am-5pm....

2 teenagers and 2 adults

Not sure if we could physically do the Batu Cave Steps :o - is it worth going regardless?

Prefer to do local tours or on our own.... prefer not to pay the high prices the ships charge:(.

Also tendering at Phuket for 2 days.....

thanks in advance...:D

Hopefully this thread will greatly assist you in your planning. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2278154&highlight=mariner

• 2 weeks later...

What would you sugest to do in Langkawi?

We are not going to the beach, so we thought first to resérvate a taxi to go round to see villages. But now I think maybe we could go up the hill to enjoy the views and after maybe get in to a speedboat!

What would you sugest to do in Langkawi?

We are not going to the beach, so we thought first to resérvate a taxi to go round to see villages. But now I think maybe we could go up the hill to enjoy the views and after maybe get in to a speedboat!

3 years ago RC provide free bus to local shops, so i only go there and buy some sovenir and stuff. but i see some watersport (parasailing) from the ship during we cruise leaving lengkawi (not sure where in/which part in langkawi)

last week at penang i took taxi to gurney plaza, about 35 myr one way from port to mall and 30 myr from mall to port. It is better to bring umberella since the drop off area in penang port is kinda far from the building.

we have dinner at dragon-i in gurney and it was nice :)

most taxi in penang/MY do not use meter.

port klang.... the nearest stuff is large mall (AEON), nothing else. i took round trip transport from the port, but during the return from mall to port, the driver is busy with other passanger and she ask his friend to transport me from mall back to port; the thing is, his friend car is totally junk.

there are lot of taxi available at the mall... i guess no need to book RT from the port.

Edited by wtgr2