Travel dates ? for ships out of Japan

phnett

Trying to plan a cruise out of Japan and a bit unsure on booking air with the date change,

If ship leaves on a Thursday Japan time, and I want to be in Japan at least one day ahead , plane to land then Wed sometime Japan time, then

What day EST do I book a flight? They are a Day ahead of us correct?

Sorry confused on this one

thanks

Typically with direct flights (no long layover) you would leave early on Tuesday to arrive in Japan on Wednesday. I would use orbitz or kayak to do a search to see the times and date to make sure.

Normally, when you book an overseas flight, your airline will have in small print the day that you arrive on the flight. For flights to E. Asia or Australia, if the flight departs at say 10:35 PM from LA, arriving in Sydney at 10:35AM it will be two days in the future. The reason is that you cross the international date line.

Japan is 14 hours ahead of EST, in your scenario and under usual circumstances, leaving Georgia on Tues, you will arrive Japan on Wed. Delta has a direct 14+ hour flight from Atlanta to Narita

Yes, since the flight from Atlanta to Narita depart at 11:17AM and arrives at 2:45PM the next day. The difference being from my LAX to Sydney trip was the flight departed close to midnight and therefore pushed it into another day (two days later).