Family Cabin Question

I will be traveling with my 9 year old son and saw some family cabins available on our cruise.

It says that a minimum amount of passengers might be necessary to book that cabin.

Does anyone have any experience with that cabin and what the minimum amount of passengers would be?

We would be traveling alone, just my son and me, and I don't mind paying the extra over the regular outside stateroom as it's nice to have the extra space to play when in the cabin.

Generally, it's 5 to book a "family" cabin, but you should call and ask anyway....it will depend how far out the cruise is, as to whether they'll let you book...and you HAVE to book on the phone (or thru a TA)...you can't do it online.

I will be traveling with my 9 year old son and saw some family cabins available on our cruise.

It says that a minimum amount of passengers might be necessary to book that cabin.

Does anyone have any experience with that cabin and what the minimum amount of passengers would be?

We would be traveling alone, just my son and me, and I don't mind paying the extra over the regular outside stateroom as it's nice to have the extra space to play when in the cabin.

You might be better off looking at a Suite. JMO

My SIL got a family suite recently for 3 (her and MIL and aunt), but it was a bit last minute. I agree with the earlier post that suggested a JS, although for two, I'd personally be quite happy with a balcony with a sofa bed.

Dave

When you say you saw some family cabins available, do you mean you saw them online while making a reservation? If so, if you're really interesting in the cabin grab it (or put a courtesy hold on it.)

The same has happened to us and I called RCCL a few times after booking it just to be sure all was OK. The response was that sometimes they release these cabins to the general public and they're fair game. They relax the minimum occupancy rules for some reason. (Ours reservation was made more than a year in advance, so it was not a last minute thing.)

Good luck.

Archived