Priceline Hotel

Calebo

I bid on Priceline for a hotel for the night of Feb 21, and received Hilton Marina (had hoped for Renaissance). Have read reviews, varied from good to bad. The price for that night is high all over FLL, so the price I got is reasonable.

Anyone have anything good to tell me about it? Is there any shopping really closeby? Even a drugstore would be great.

Thank in advance!!!

I think the Hilton is nice, but maybe some rooms are better than others. The room my friends got on Hotwire was really nice and I liked the pool too. It's right down the block from Renaissance and it's a more interesting property, a little more resort-like. There is a Walgreens drug store a block or two away. If you like to walk, there are Ross, Publix, Dollar Tree, and Total Wine less than a mile away, all on SE 17th St.

Yes you will be happy especially if you got a nice price. :) It is very popular with cruisers, you'll see them wandering the property. The water taxi stop is very handy if you want to use it. You will be in walking distance to anything you need dor stores and restaurants. The rooms, like in lot of hotels have varied views. You will be given a standard room. Check their website to see what that is. But for a one night stay, I certainly wouldn't worry about the hotel's location or room. Enjoy your stay!

I've stayed there a couple of times and enjoyed it. It really depends upon where the room is located. Rooms in the west wing are a bit of a walk and are OK, but don't have any real views you'd want to look at. Room's in the tower are better and have some nice views, so do the rooms in the east wing along in the intercostal.

There is the water taxi stop at the property which is nice. As far as things near by wallgreens is about a 4 min walk, but other shopping and for other food places it's a bit further to walk to epstein bagels, starbucks, outback, etc.

Thanks all for your replies, we're just there for the one night and we don't fly in until 6:30 pm, the walgreens will be all that's needed before our cruise. So now I can stop worrying about it. I got it for $182 on Priceline which didn't sound too bad for that time of year.

The Hilton Marina is a nicer hotel than Hyatt Place on Valuetrips and it's only a few dollars more on Priceline. IMO this was a better buy, but Valuetrips is a great idea for those who aren't comfortable with agreeing to purchase a hotel stay without knowing the hotel name.

Archived