Paris and Normandy March weather

acwmom

I currently have a cabin on hold for Uniworld's Paris and Normandy cruise that departs on March 22nd, 2015. I've looked at past temperatures, which seem to range from 50-60F degrees. Has anyone found the cooler temperatures to be a detriment to the point of taking away from the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

I currently have a cabin on hold for Uniworld's Paris and Normandy cruise that departs on March 22nd, 2015. I've looked at past temperatures, which seem to range from 50-60F degrees. Has anyone found the cooler temperatures to be a detriment to the point of taking away from the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

Normandy in March can be quite nasty....cold, windy and rainy. If you've ever been to New England in March, I think it would be comparable. For me, personally, 50-60 degrees is a little too chilly for a river cruise. We were in Normandy in September and while the rest of France was beautiful (we were NOT on a river cruise) Normandy was pouring rain, blowing a gale and cold!

Normandy can be chilly at the end of May. That aside, I am booked on the Apr 6, 2015 sailing and I welcome the cooler temps (I run hot!).

We are in Paris for days prior and will easily walk miles each day so that will ward off the chill and keep me from breaking out in sweat. Paris should be warmer than the coast.

You may want to watch the B&W film The Longest Day. It recounts the day(s) preceding the D-Day landings....It's early June and they're wearing jackets!

You'll be in France....you're not dressed unless you're wearing a scarf (men, too).