Voom question

I am thinking about buying the voom package on my upcoming harmony cruise. on the royal website it says the price is 13.71 per adult per day. now i know that is the price for one device, but we are two in a room, so will the price be double that per day? i want to say it seems out of order that they'd charge per person in the room along with X amount of devices, however, i won't put it past any company to make an extra buck. can anybody clarify if i buy the package will i be paying 13.71 or 27.42 per day (double occupancy price). thanks!

I am thinking about buying the voom package on my upcoming harmony cruise. on the royal website it says the price is 13.71 per adult per day. now i know that is the price for one device, but we are two in a room, so will the price be double that per day? i want to say it seems out of order that they'd charge per person in the room along with X amount of devices, however, i won't put it past any company to make an extra buck. can anybody clarify if i buy the package will i be paying 13.71 or 27.42 per day (double occupancy price). thanks!

Any number of people or devices can share a one-device plan, but only one device can be online at a time.

Any number of people or devices can share a one-device plan, but only one device can be online at a time.

so to clarify, if purchase it, it will be 13.71 per day for one device. lol, thats what i thought, but when i saw the per person mentioned, it threw me for a loop

Edited by Illmaxict

so to clarify, if purchase it, it will be 13.71 per day for one device. lol, thats what i thought, but when i saw the per person mentioned, it threw me for a loop

You are correct. I suspect the cruise line keeps the wording on the website ambiguous in a way that tends to make people spend more than needed.

Each person/device who uses it will have to log in with the folio number from the sea pass card of the person who purchases the package. You might also consider the two device package if you wish for both devices to be logged in at the same time. This is a better price than 2 packages for 1 device. Both will still need to log in with folio number for the person who purchases the package. When sharing a 2 device package with a cabin mate or friend I type in the folio number in notes on my phone so that I can copy and paste if have to log out for some reason such as to use iPad instead of phone.

So if I get a 5 device package for to cover the whole family staying in 3 cabins do I get 5 unique login id's I can assign to people?

Or do we just use the folio number and it keeps track of how many active devices there are online for the folio number at one time?

What happens when the 6th device tries to log on? Do they get a warning that someone will be logged off?

Thanks.

So if I get a 5 device package for to cover the whole family staying in 3 cabins do I get 5 unique login id's I can assign to people?

Or do we just use the folio number and it keeps track of how many active devices there are online for the folio number at one time?

What happens when the 6th device tries to log on? Do they get a warning that someone will be logged off?

Thanks.

You get one login.

With regard to when you try to login the 6th device, I've seen two behaviors:

Another device gets logged off.

You get an error message saying you must log off a device in order to login.

I've seen the latter behavior more recently.

Used Voom on my last 2 cruises (Allure in May, Explorer in June) and was very happy with it. We bought the package for 1 and DW and I used it to check up on family and work back home. You just needed to log off from 1 device and then log on from the other device. It was also very convenient keeping in touch with other people in our group. I cant think of cruising now without a VOOM connection.