How far from light rail stop?

lightsleeper

Staying at the Hyatt Place Downtown precruise, located at 110 6th Avenue North, Seattle.

Considering taking light rail from airport if distance from stop is not too far.

Can any local inform as to how far from light rail stop to Hyatt Place..

And if possible give directions from stop to hotel, and what stop to egress.

You would exit Light Rail at the last stop, which is Westlake.

It's quite a walk to the Hyatt.... about 10 blocks.

Use the map on the hotel web site: Westlake is 4th and Pine and the hotel is 6th and Wall.

http://seattledowntown.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/our-hotel/map-and-directions.html?icamp=propMapDirections

We stayed there a few years back.

Walked all over. It's very close to REI's flagship store.

What the map isn't showing you is the hill the hotel is on.

You could take a taxi from Westlake Center.

It's about half a mile, pretty level, from the Westlake station. Walk v. cab would depend on your luggage situation. Note there aren't necessarily a lot of cabs (if any) waiting around the light rail stations.

A cab or car service from the airport would cost more, obviously, but would cut your travel time by 1/2 to 2/3, and the hassle factor by 90%.

Google Maps is an excellent tool that answers this type of travel question. Select the start and destination, choose the "transit" option, and it will provide step-by-step walking/transit instructions. If you enter the date and time it will tie into the local transit schedules so you know the wait and connecting times. There is a "string and thumbtack" tool that measures distances.

The Street View option is great too...I do a "virtual walk" in the neighborhood around hotels I'm considering. I once found a great deal on a nice-sounding hotel. A "walk" from the hotel to the subway station went past boarded up buildings, abandoned cars, and bars on windows. I asked a friend who lives in the suburbs and he said the hotel serves a nearby medical complex and confirmed the neighborhood was iffy and not to walk the area after dark.

Edited by kenish