Fort Lauderdale - where to buy wine?

Kate 1

We will be arriving on a Saturday at 6 PM via plane from west coast . Where can we buy a couple of bottles of wine ( not high end ) to take to the ship by noon on Sunday?

Looked up Total Wine and they dont open until noon on Sunday so that wont work .

Looks like Total Wine are open quite late on Saturday night but we are staying near Los Olas and it looks like it is a taxi ride to get to this wine store .. which would be a waste of time and money during our one night in Fort Lauderdale.. would prefer to go out for dinner etc.

Any suggestions re picking up a couple of wine bottles near where we are staying ?

thanks Kate :)

By law, no one can sell you wine before noon on Sunday in Fort Lauderdale, which is why Total Wine doesn't open until noon.

There is a CVS on N. Federal Hwy 3 blocks away from Las Olas which has a selection of inexpensive wines, and they will be open when you arrive on Saturday night. You will also find a few stores on Las Olas that sell wine: Cheese Culture and Macabe. Otherwise, stop at Total Wine on Sunday at noon before heading to port.

Yes, the CVS is where we went last time we stayed at the Riverside. I needed a couple other things too. It's a quick walk. But if you want something other than mainstream wines, then I'd go to Total Wine. It'll probably be a $10 cab ride each way. If you don't make the cab wait.

I remember visiting a small liquor store on las Olas a few years ago. Not sure if it's still there, but they had a bad supply of wines. And I don't remember the name.

Another option is to call there ahead Sat night, place an order if you know what you want and then have your cab stop on the way to the port at noon to pick it up. Just depends on when you want to be at the port which is 5 min. from Total Wine. Personally I'd do it Sat night. Less monkeying around in the morning.

OR. you could have the airport cab stop for you on the way to the hotel.