Car rental drop off

surran12

The day before the cruise we will be staying at the Residence Inn by the port. The morning of departure would it be better to bring my wife and children to the port and then drive back down astronaut blvd and drop the car off at Budget or for us all to bring the car back and jump in their shuttle together? Thanks for any advice.

The day before the cruise we will be staying at the Residence Inn by the port. The morning of departure would it be better to bring my wife and children to the port and then drive back down astronaut blvd and drop the car off at Budget or for us all to bring the car back and jump in their shuttle together? Thanks for any advice.

Drive drop them off then go back drop off the car and come back in the shuttle they can check in during that time endure they have I'd send paperwork.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is really up to you, but it is usually easier to drop off luggage and passengers at the cruise terminal and then return the car. Reasons? You only load/unload the luggage once (into rental car, out to porter at cruise terminal). Adult can go and complete check in process while you are returning car--IF they have your photo on file, all you need to do is pick up KTTW card when you arrive. Be sure spouse has your passport or other government issued photo ID and your SIGNED cruise contract. YOU keep your driver's license which you will need to get back into the terminal area.

There is almost always room on the shuttle for one passenger, no luggage. You sometimes have to wait for the next one if you are a family with luggage.

The only advantage to going straight to Budget--it is going away from the terminal so you avoid any backtracking.

There is LITTLE waiting for the shuttle. Budget tries to operate 2 of them on cruise days. Either way, it's quick and easy but if you go to Budget first, the luggage goes from rental car to Budget van to porter (more chances to get lost/damaged, more moving around stuff.) And you lose the time that spouse could have been in line or completed check in process.

It is really up to you' date=' but it is usually easier to drop off luggage and passengers at the cruise terminal and then return the car. Reasons? You only load/unload the luggage once (into rental car, out to porter at cruise terminal). Adult can go and complete check in process while you are returning car--[b']IF they have your photo on file,[/b] all you need to do is pick up KTTW card when you arrive. Be sure spouse has your passport or other government issued photo ID and your SIGNED cruise contract. YOU keep your driver's license which you will need to get back into the terminal area.

There is almost always room on the shuttle for one passenger, no luggage. You sometimes have to wait for the next one if you are a family with luggage.

The only advantage to going straight to Budget--it is going away from the terminal so you avoid any backtracking.

There is LITTLE waiting for the shuttle. Budget tries to operate 2 of them on cruise days. Either way, it's quick and easy but if you go to Budget first, the luggage goes from rental car to Budget van to porter (more chances to get lost/damaged, more moving around stuff.) And you lose the time that spouse could have been in line or completed check in process.

What do you mean have your photo on file? How do I go about ensuring that it is?

And if they don't have it on file from a previous cruise' date=' it takes about 3 seconds for them to take one.[/quote']

This is our first Disney cruise so no photo on record. So it's still possible for me to check my husband in while he returns the rental and he can take his photo later when he's done?

Yes, they will allow you to check in for him, but they will not issue you his KTTW csrd (so he can't board the ship). When he arrives at the terminal, he'll just go to the CM who did your check in. She will finish with the guest she is currently serving, then take him next--quick photo, issue KTTW, and he's done.

At least it was functioning this way 4 months ago!

Yes' date=' they will allow you to check in for him, but they will not issue you his KTTW csrd (so he can't board the ship). When he arrives at the terminal, he'll just go to the CM who did your check in. She will finish with the guest she is currently serving, then take him next--quick photo, issue KTTW, and he's done.

At least it was functioning this way 4 months ago![/quote']

Thank you. Here's hoping it still happens that way.