Princess Cays: Skip the Jet Skis and BBQ - What you should REALLY do!

Providence_88

I did this a few years ago when my partner and I arrived here. I had noticed that the southern tip of Eleuthera was only a few miles away from the main activity area. This is a relatively strenuous hike over sand and sharp limestone. You will very likely be completely alone during the hike and when you get there.

The pay off is indescribable. A perfect postcard beach all to yourself! Here's a few photos:

http://i.**********/jgzbDEg.jpg

http://i.**********/Mirr191.jpg

http://i.**********/0Q6PCXk.jpg

As a Florida native, I've seen a lot of beaches. This was by far the most amazing Caribbean seeing I've ever seen. Perfect crystal blue water, fine sand beach, not a soul around. The fact that it's so far has to be why we were alone. I could have stripped bare naked and not thought twice.

Bring a lot of water, a hat, sunscreen, towels, a meal, and a half gallon of water per person.

Edit: uhh, replace the ******* with imgur(dot)com... Not sure why this BBS censors it. I'm on mobile and not really interested in figuring out what sites CC bans.

Edited by Providence_88

Keep in mind that a lot of the area around Princess Cays has declared a wildlife refugee . That is why there was nobody in that area.

Interesting. This was like 5 years ago and I can't remember if there was a DO NOT [...] sort of sign at any point along the beach. I'm not much of a rule follower anyway.

It is quite a trek (3-4 miles?). You might be able to get some sort of travel down there, but without a phone and without help form Princess, I doubt it. There is a road that works its way down to the southern tip. The west side of the tip was uninhabited. I did spot a 4 or 5 vacationers on the east side once we made it around the tip.

It was free and easily the most memorable thing I did the whole trip (Aruba, Curacao, and here). We still talk about it with fondness from time to time. Something about being completely alone in a foreign land on a spotless, perfect beach was pretty great.

• 1 year later...

How far do you need to walk to get to this beach? We took a tour to Lighthouse Beach a few years ago but would prefer to walk this time. We also want to get away from the crowd! On Google Earth it looks to be a half mile to get around the point on the path. Does that seem right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk