Pontoon Rental from Somerset and Lunch Options with Boat

js

Hi.

We will be renting a full day pontoon boat from somerset in about two weeks.

We would like to eat lunch at a place where we can pull up and dock the boat.

Has anyone done this? Id like to know if I need to purchase lunch for the six of us prior to boarding the boat but think it would be nice if we find a good place to relax for an hour or so.

Thank you.

When we rented the pontoon boat, we took snacks along with us. We only had it for four hours though. There is a small convenience store right on the dock where the Somerset Bridge Watersports is located. I am sure if you email Somerset and ask their advice, they will be able to tell you where you could do this. They are very helpful and they give you maps of the area. If you know before you get there that the Owners will give you directions, then you are all set. If not, you can pick up deli items at the rear of the Drugstore that is at the Dockyard.

We have a whaler rented for 6 hours. Going to do some snorkeling, fishing and hopefully some beach hopping. Were planning on bringing drinks and snacks with us. It would be nice to find a place to dock if we get hungrier!! I'm looking forward to this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our family really enjoyed out 4 hours. The owners were very helpful pointing out where to find beaches to stop at. Some were busy, since it was Sunday but we did find one that we were the only people on it except a Bermuda family enjoying the water just down a little ways. We were perfectly happy with the snacks that we picked up at the convenience store next to the Somerset dock. My grandson even rented a couple of fishing poles and were able to do some "Ocean Fishing." They enjoyed seeing what they could catch there. Enjoy your day. We headed back to Bermuda on Sept 6th on the Explorer of the Seas as the second half of our first B2B cruise. First off to New England/ Canada and then off to Bermuda. Counting the days, 27 more.

Rented the Boston Whaler for 6 hours a few weeks ago from Somerset Watersports and it was the high light of our cruise! Ask for directions to Woody's it's a local bar/restaurant on the water. As soon as we got close to dock some locals came to assist us onshore and tied up our boat. The food was delicious!!! You will not be disappointed. Have the grouper sandwich and order the homemade mac and cheese. Prices are very reasonable and food is cooked to order. :D

Rented the Boston Whaler for 6 hours a few weeks ago from Somerset Watersports and it was the high light of our cruise! Ask for directions to Woody's it's a local bar/restaurant on the water. As soon as we got close to dock some locals came to assist us onshore and tied up our boat. The food was delicious!!! You will not be disappointed. Have the grouper sandwich and order the homemade mac and cheese. Prices are very reasonable and food is cooked to order. :D

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. So, its correct you rented the pontoon boat and then drive to Woodys for lunch and were able to dock your boat? If so, that is great. We will have some snacks and drinks but being on the boat all day thought it would be a good idea to break for lunch.

Thank you!

Thank you also all the other responses. Im happy to see I think I made a good choice with renting from Somerset. Looking forward to our Bermuda days but dont want to wish my cruise away lol

One more bit of advice. If you are taking the bus out to Someset, have the driver leave you off on the other side of the bridge after you get into town. There are sidewalks on at that bus stop. If you get off before you enter town, you have to walk on the roadway and it is not very wide. The traffic is pretty wild in Bermuda. After you get off on the other side of the "World's smallest Drawbridge," you just come across the bridge and Somerset Water Sports is right across the street and down a short side road.

One more bit of advice. If you are taking the bus out to Someset, have the driver leave you off on the other side of the bridge after you get into town. There are sidewalks on at that bus stop. If you get off before you enter town, you have to walk on the roadway and it is not very wide. The traffic is pretty wild in Bermuda. After you get off on the other side of the "World's smallest Drawbridge," you just come across the bridge and Somerset Water Sports is right across the street and down a short side road.

Thanks so much! We plan on cabbing it but I appreciate your taking the time to let me know.

• 1 year later...
Hi.

We will be renting a full day pontoon boat from somerset in about two weeks.

We would like to eat lunch at a place where we can pull up and dock the boat.

Has anyone done this? Id like to know if I need to purchase lunch for the six of us prior to boarding the boat but think it would be nice if we find a good place to relax for an hour or so.

Thank you.

Hi! How was your trip?I am looking for pontoons for months now. I’ve been having quite a hard time but then I came across this site http://www.wardlemarineservices.co.uk/pontoon.html and they have them. In your opinion, is it cheap? Do you think I should buy the pontoons from them?

Hi! How was your trip?I am looking for pontoons for months now. I’ve been having quite a hard time but then I came across this site http://www.wardlemarineservices.co.uk/pontoon.html and they have them. In your opinion, is it cheap? Do you think I should buy the pontoons from them?

Have you looked at Aquatic Bermuda? They have pontoons and they're listed on trip advisor