Xpress Pass Query

Flipper133

Hi all,

I paid balance on our Dec cruise over weekend and I Rec'd email from Celebrity today to say my Xpress Pass was ready.

Good to see the system works ... or does it?

Noticed on first page which details all the vital info that against each of the names of our two grandchildren was the word (Classic). Nothing against Shirley or my names

Like many we have the Classic Beverage Package as our PYP ... and we are both Classic Status with Celebrity Captains Club.

On the Reservation Details on the Celebrity Web Site, The Beverage Package is correctly shown as being allocated to Shirley and myself.

I am almost certain that the designation of (Classic) on the Xpress Pass relates to the Beverage Package and that this is an indication of how our Sea Passes will be issued....which seems to point to some sort of glitch in the system.

Pretty sure I don't want our 9yo and 11yo with Sea Passes that give them the opportunity to go wild at the bar...and leave their poor grandparents having to pay for their drinks.

Before I take this up with Celebrity and/or my TA, I thought I might ask here in case anyone else has a similar or indeed opposite experience.

Note: I have also posted this on my Roll call

Celebrity does not reference one's Beverage Package eligibility on the Xpress Pass [it is instead coded to the Sea Pass (room key/onboard charge card) issued during the physical check-in process just prior to boarding] but does cite one's Captain's Club membership level on the document...

To my mind, the notation that you see--or do not see--may relate to systems limitations or error... I'd call Celebrity or your Travel Agent [if you booked through one] to confirm that both your Captain's Club membership and your beverage package entitlement are properly associated to your reservations by guest name...

Good morning:) I agree with Xport.....(HELLO MIKE:D)

The only place I see my drink package is on my confirmation from my

TA. It never shows up on your XPress pass. The pass is to get you

through check in;)......

The Pass never shows any of the packages you may be getting or

any obc you may be receiving either.

Those items are all on your confirmation.

Good morning:) I agree with Xport.....(HELLO MIKE:D)

So good to "see" and "hear from" you... We're overdue in catching up!

Original Poster... So sorry for having gone off topic here for a moment; thanks for indulging long-time friends!

--Mike

Hi all,

I paid balance on our Dec cruise over weekend and I Rec'd email from Celebrity today to say my Xpress Pass was ready.

Good to see the system works ... or does it?

Noticed on first page which details all the vital info that against each of the names of our two grandchildren was the word (Classic). Nothing against Shirley or my names

Like many we have the Classic Beverage Package as our PYP ... and we are both Classic Status with Celebrity Captains Club.

On the Reservation Details on the Celebrity Web Site, The Beverage Package is correctly shown as being allocated to Shirley and myself.

I am almost certain that the designation of (Classic) on the Xpress Pass relates to the Beverage Package and that this is an indication of how our Sea Passes will be issued....which seems to point to some sort of glitch

Hi we have a booking of four also and the same thing occurred, initially I wondered why they had assigned my kids a 'CLASSIC' drinks oackage but then realised this was our Captains Club status [emoji16]. Yes it's a bit of an alignment glitch as should be against my wife an my names.

But we've just had access to our e-docs to print out our luggage tags and whilst know we don't need all the other bits n pieces, there is a page in there that outlines all packages and shore excursions purchased. We noted that our classic contains club status was correctly shown against the adults and also shows our premium drink package. We are on a Hawaii to Australia cruise so had to buy our own package (no PYP offers) but assume the promo WAVE beverage packages would appear here too?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi we have a booking of four also and the same thing occurred, initially I wondered why they had assigned my kids a 'CLASSIC' drinks oackage but then realised this was our Captains Club status [emoji16]. Yes it's a bit of an alignment glitch as should be against my wife an my names.

But we've just had access to our e-docs to print out our luggage tags and whilst know we don't need all the other bits n pieces, there is a page in there that outlines all packages and shore excursions purchased. We noted that our classic contains club status was correctly shown against the adults and also shows our premium drink package. We are on a Hawaii to Australia cruise so had to buy our own package (no PYP offers) but assume the promo WAVE beverage packages would appear here too?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tks for that QE2 Fan....all makes sense.

You would think that it would also make sense for Celebrity to use different terminology is the Bev Paks and the CC status levels.

cheers

Tks for that QE2 Fan....all makes sense.

You would think that it would also make sense for Celebrity to use different terminology is the Bev Paks and the CC status levels.

cheers

Agreed! For the first timer it's all a it too ambiguous and youre left guessing what it all means! Sorry for the typos in my post, autocorrect has fun with the typos I dont pick up :D

Celebrity does not reference one's Beverage Package eligibility on the Xpress Pass [it is instead coded to the Sea Pass (room key/onboard charge card) issued during the physical check-in process just prior to boarding] but does cite one's Captain's Club membership level on the document...

To my mind, the notation that you see--or do not see--may relate to systems limitations or error... I'd call Celebrity or your Travel Agent [if you booked through one] to confirm that both your Captain's Club membership and your beverage package entitlement are properly associated to your reservations by guest name...

I completed my online check-in yesterday. It does not have my CC level indicated in the Xpress Pass I printed, even though my membership number was there during the check-in process. :confused: Should I be worried?

Edited by Rufferto

I completed my online check-in yesterday. It does not have my CC level indicated in the Xpress Pass I printed, even though my membership number was there during the check-in process. :confused: Should I be worried?

It is my experience that the only use of one's Captain's Club membership level on the Xpress Pass is for those who "direct traffic" during the check-in process at the cruise terminal... That information, coupled with your cabin class, is used to direct guests eligible for [alleged] priority check-in, to an appropriate line... I say "alleged" in that sometimes the "non-priority" lines are shorter/quicker!

Once you reach your stateroom, you should have a Welcome Letter from the Captain's Club Host/Hostess describing the benefits available to you [and it will cite your membership level] during your sailing... If that's incorrect, it could matter; I'd be inclined to visit the onboard Host/Hostess to have it corrected promptly...

Just looked at the Xpress Pass I printed for an upcoming cruise and note that my Captain's Club membership level is now printed in a "box" to the right of my name... Used to be--and the practice may endure for some--that one's Captain's Club membership appeared on the Xpress Pass in a small red square with an abbreviated code [ie; "C" for Classic, "S" for Select, "E" for Elite] for use by the agents in the terminal...

No worries!