Carnival or P&O - which is best for Pacific Is?

Offintothesunset

Hello everyone

My husband and I are from the Gold Coast in Australia and starting to do a little research - well in advance of our Sept/Oct cruising plans in 2016 for possibly an Australian trip or South Pacific Islands...really open to suggestions at this stage.

I'd like to get some feedback to see which of the Ocean liners would be suitable for us as we are in our 50's and even though we know that we won't completely avoid kids/teenagers altogether, it would be nice to take a cruise where it's less likely that too many kids would be aboard or if there are kid free swimming pools etc.

We have both been on P&O in our past - the Pacific Dawn was nice, but my husband heard that Carnival has less of the "riff-raff".

We'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on these.

Thank you :)

Might want to ask on the Australia/New Zealand Board.

On the Miracle's sister ships the Lido Aft is the Serenity Deck. Over 21 and has a small pool and hot tub.

Edited by SadieN

I would avoid both P&O and carnival if you want to avoid kids and "riff raff" and look at Celebrity. I would suggest RCI but our cruise at the start of Dec had 800 kids onboard even though it wasn't holidays yet so no guarantee of avoiding them :) Celebrity is more adult oriented.

Well, IMO, Carnival is the one with the bogans. I was docked next to one of their ships and could not believe the tattoos and piercings. And that was on the women!

P$O is much more British oriented, but never having sailed on them I cannot comment.