Cruise hotel

Cjoshlin97

We recently cruised on the Breeze out of Galveston and we stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Texas City. Taxes and everything was less than $100 at the end of September.

When I first began planning for our trip, I was looking at hotels in Galveston and many of them required a two night minimum which we didn't need. Someone on the forum mentioned Texas City. It was only about a 15 minute drive to the port. I was a little apprehensive about getting to the port on embarkation day because I wasn't sure what traffic would be like, however, we had NO traffic issues! We are more accustomed to sailing out of NOLA where traffic is such a hassle but this was easy, breezy (no pun intended).

We enjoyed it so much that we've already got rooms booked for our cruise out of Galveston next year.

Thanks for the advice, we arent going until 2018 for our honeymoon so we still have time to prepare. We thought bout leaving out of new orleans but i really wanna cruise on the breeze

I think you will thoroughly enjoy the Breeze. We've cruised on both the Dream (out of NOLA) and the Breeze and I would choose the Breeze every day and twice on Sunday!! We also loved the port at Galveston! It was so much better, IMHO, than the port at NOLA.

Have fun planning, not only your cruise, but your wedding, as well! :)

Great rooms. wonderful breakfast and you can roll your luggage down to the Boat. Lots of dining right there as well many attractions.

The best part is you can watch the boat come into the dock.:)

The strand shops are just across the tracks. There is a liquor store there if that matters.

Love Galveston !

I think you will thoroughly enjoy the Breeze. We've cruised on both the Dream (out of NOLA) and the Breeze and I would choose the Breeze every day and twice on Sunday!! We also loved the port at Galveston! It was so much better, IMHO, than the port at NOLA.

Have fun planning, not only your cruise, but your wedding, as well! :)

The wedding coordinators are great On both RCCL and Carnival!

If you would like an economical choice, the Days Inn Seawall is reasonable. We stayed there last April and we are booked for next April. You need to book as soon as you can when they open booking to get the best rate.

Congratulations on your wedding and I hope everything turns out wonderfully for you and your future husband.