Tours at the pier?

New2cruise1483

Are their tour booths at the pier as we get off the ship? Also, has anybody used them and how dependable are they? We aren't planning any tours ahead of time dude to my Mom's health ( there may be some days when she doesn't feel well, and may just want to stay on the ship), so I was thinking about maybe just looking into tours available as you get off the ship. I just don't want to put ourselves at risk for missing our ship, our for getting ripped off. Any advice is welcome :D

James' Tours is a premiere touring company in St.Lucia. I did a tour with him when i visited there and i also read a lot of great things about him on tripadvisor. He waits for you right at the cruise ship terminal and he always holds a sign which says James' Tours so you won't miss him. The tour was wonderful and so informative, i learnt so much and St.Lucia is soo beautiful. James and his tour guides were super friendly and inviting.. And his van, Gosh its beautiful and so comfortable plus he's a real steelers so he has a steelers logo on it! he is also very reliable; he always shows up for his tours! Do not hesitate to contact James, you can find information about the different tours he has available on his website..here's his website http://www.jamestouringservice.com you can also check his reviews on trip advisor.

Are their tour booths at the pier as we get off the ship? Also, has anybody used them and how dependable are they? We aren't planning any tours ahead of time dude to my Mom's health ( there may be some days when she doesn't feel well, and may just want to stay on the ship), so I was thinking about maybe just looking into tours available as you get off the ship. I just don't want to put ourselves at risk for missing our ship, our for getting ripped off. Any advice is welcome :D

Yes, there are tours available right when you get off the ship, at both piers. Prices vary depending on what you want to do. Best to do a little research beforehand on things to do and see, possible costs, so you'll have some bargaining power and not get taken advantage of.

Enjoy your visit.

Yes, there are tours available right when you get off the ship, at both piers. Prices vary depending on what you want to do. Best to do a little research beforehand on things to do and see, possible costs, so you'll have some bargaining power and not get taken advantage of.

Enjoy your visit.

Thank you for the advice! I don't want to precook tours due to my mom's health, and have to miss a tour we already paid for if she isn't feeling up to snuff that particular day. I would really like to see the Pitons and maybe a few other sites and maybe finish up at a nice beach or something.

Thank you for the advice! I don't want to precook tours due to my mom's health, and have to miss a tour we already paid for if she isn't feeling up to snuff that particular day. I would really like to see the Pitons and maybe a few other sites and maybe finish up at a nice beach or something.

Most all tours in St Lucia are not prepaid, especially the more popular ones such as Cosol, Spencer Ambrose, Real St Lucia Tours, etc....

You can research tours that cover the spots you want to see so you'll be familiar with costs - so you aren't taken advantage of at the pier......a typical tour which includes zpitons, beach, volcano, waterfall, etc is around $75-100pp for a shared tour. For an individual /private tour, it will be more expensive...

Edited by reedprincess

I'll try google to see what I can find out for costs. Are the tours purchased from the booths pretty dependable as far as getting people back to the ship in time?

Well, dependability can vary depending on what operator, etc. But there have been no cases of people missing the ship in St Lucia due to a tour operator (whetger ship or independent) not getting them back on time. No one has missed the ship for that reason here in as many years as ships have been coming here essentially. I wouldn't worry about it much, just be sure you leave plenty of time for getting around, and have realistic expectations of what you can see in the few hours you have. It's a small island, but getting around is difficult and time consuming Due to mountainous roads, etc.