Lisbon to Fatima - Tour Company Advice

I've been checking out tour companies for a full day tour of Fatima on April 22nd.

Has anyone dealt with Sintra Magik Private Tours?

When I asked on the Shrine website, they advised I contact Snatti Nacional (represents in Portugal the National Interpreters, Tourism Post Offices, Tourist Drivers, Translators and Interpreters) who arranges tours.

There is quite a price difference between these two. I'd appreciate advise from anyone who has taken a day trip to Fatima.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

We did an Oceania excursion to Fatima, the tour guide gave us an overview on the ride out there. Upon arrival we were given maps and a brief orientation on what to see. It was very much a self guided exploration and it was very adequate.

Just a heads up to independent travelers. One can drive a rental car to Fatima (from Lisbon) in about 1:15...and rental cars are pretty inexpensive in Lisbon. But there is also excellent bus service provided by Rede Expressos which takes about 1 1/2 hours each way. . There are more then 20 buses a day and the cost will be a lot less then a tour. Once in Fatima it is not difficult to do your own walking tour. You can buy bus tickets a month in advance...online. Here is a link to the bus company's site:

http://www.rede-expressos.pt/default.aspx

Hank

Just a heads up to independent travelers. One can drive a rental car to Fatima (from Lisbon) in about 1:15...and rental cars are pretty inexpensive in Lisbon. But there is also excellent bus service provided by Rede Expressos which takes about 1 1/2 hours each way. . There are more then 20 buses a day and the cost will be a lot less then a tour. Once in Fatima it is not difficult to do your own walking tour. You can buy bus tickets a month in advance...online. Here is a link to the bus company's site:

http://www.rede-expressos.pt/default.aspx

Hank

I agree this is an easy drive yourself or bus trip. We had free excursions to use up so we took the Cruise line trip. We received an interesting historical overview from the guide on what happened here.

I agree this is an easy drive yourself or bus trip. We had free excursions to use up so we took the Cruise line trip. We received an interesting historical overview from the guide on what happened here.

FREEi is good :)