Viking Sea and Viking Sky

Mrs Miggins

We were originally booked on June 24th 2016 on Viking Sky. This cruise was cancelled because the build schedule had been extended and we moved to Viking Sea on September 25th 2016.

I have been reading these boards with interest, especially some of the 'horror' stories.

Does anyone know when the two new Viking ships are due to start cruising?

I would be happier to know that Viking Sea had completed a good few cruises before we embark.

I don't think you're reading that right, Azulann. :)

The article says it was "floated out," whatever that means, last month -June 2015. And the article also says it will launch in Spring 2016. So, I suspect April 3 is the first cruise that can be booked .... except that it is sold out.

Oh, I did mean June of 2015, no 2016.

Sorry about that.

Thanks for the information. Hopefully any 'glitches' will be ironed out by the time we cruise in September i.e. the the ships engines are fully functioning and the showers have stopped exploding !

We have previously cruised with many lines - we are on the beautiful Star Clippers in September. Our other favourite is Azamara with Oceania close behind.

Incidentally whilst we paid a hefty deposit in the UK we do not pay the remainder until July 31st 2016.

We saw the Viking Star near our home in Greenwich on its first (and only so far I think) visit to London. It looked beautiful but I can confirm that my impression on the tender operation seemed poor. There was no Viking 'Tent' or presence on the Quay - I looked for someone to talk to - but no Viking personnel visible at all. The trip into Central London is fast and easy on the River Bus but I understand that few knew about it and the Viking way was to go by coach through a very uninspiring part of London - I hope that they are learning as they go about the various ports - I could direct Viking Management to the very useful Ports of Call section of Cruise Critic.