How do you monitor price drops?

Howdy. I just booked a cruise in November on Princess (yay) and want to keep up with the price fluctuation. A quick Google search came up with a couple choices.. a paid website, an app, etc. But before I start signing up for something, I wanted to check in with this wise crowd on some ideas. Do you just keep on checking the cruise lines website for a change or do you have it automated.

Thanks in advance.

Howdy. I just booked a cruise in November on Princess (yay) and want to keep up with the price fluctuation. A quick Google search came up with a couple choices.. a paid website, an app, etc. But before I start signing up for something, I wanted to check in with this wise crowd on some ideas. Do you just keep on checking the cruise lines website for a change or do you have it automated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jeff,

I have subscribed to the price drop checker right here on CC and get regular updates via email.

We blogged a while back how when you book can save you money.

I think given the time of year you are cruising, this November, it is a tough call as to whether there will be a significant price drop. Are you sailing on a newer ship?

Before booking did you check http://www.********************. They use previous price data to try and "predict" if fares will change. I just starting using the tool and it does not have data for newer ships, as those ships have no previous trends the program can track. It seems pretty accurate, although they make no guarantees as to the accuracy of their data. I would use it more as a general guide.

If you used a TA, I suggest having them do the tracking for you, to save you the headaches.

Happy sailing!

Thank you! I had no idea CC had a price drop tool. I will use that.

The cruise is Thanksgiving week. We are hearing that there are some challenges for people booking since airfare is so high on the return date and out of Houston. The price dropped before I booked but it looks like it went down 50 bucks per person for my cabin. However, we did have a 25 each OBC.

Hi Jeff,

I have subscribed to the price drop checker right here on CC and get regular updates via email.

We blogged a while back how when you book can save you money.

I think given the time of year you are cruising, this November, it is a tough call as to whether there will be a significant price drop. Are you sailing on a newer ship?

Before booking did you check http://www.********************. They use previous price data to try and "predict" if fares will change. I just starting using the tool and it does not have data for newer ships, as those ships have no previous trends the program can track. It seems pretty accurate, although they make no guarantees as to the accuracy of their data. I would use it more as a general guide.

If you used a TA, I suggest having them do the tracking for you, to save you the headaches.

Happy sailing!

• 1 month later...
Thank you! I had no idea CC had a price drop tool. I will use that.

Likewise! Very useful

We were alarmed at seeing balcony rooms on a 14 night European cruise with Celebrity in late August for £6000 (yes pounds stirling not dollars) for two people :eek:- we paid half that for a similar cruise with Celebrity this year. I told SWMBO for that price we can do much better. Seeing some of the discounts using this tool makes me feel a lot more comfortable that the prices will at some point drop quite a bit - Losing free drink packages, on-board credit or perhaps not getting a midship cabin doesn't concern us.