Does Princess offer shuttle Phu My to Vung Tau

travaustralia

We are not keen on the long bus trip into HCMC, plus we have been there before. I read somewhere that some cruises offer shuttles into Vung Tau. Has anyone done this? Are the markets good?

If we take the Princess shuttle into HCMC, we only get 3 hours of free time anyway. No mention of a shuttle into the beach resort of Vung Tau on their website. Thank you

On our last trip in March 2014 on Diamond Princese there was a shuttle from the port to Baria, provided by the Peoples Committee and was free. Ran about every half hour and took about 40 minutes each way.

On arrival at Baria lots of touts organising taxis to Vung Tau which is about another 40 minutes. If you organise a taxi do not pay until you get back to Baria or you might find yourself left in Vung Tau. Bargain hard for taxi. Should be no more than $50 - $60.

Ship will offer tours to Vung Tau but will cost a lot more.

Unfortunately not a lot in Baria but I usually visit a wonderful coffee shop down on the river near the water tower and get a good fix of coffee and cake - a very different place from when I visited Baria 45 years ago during the war

Thank you for your response. I will research Baria, but it seems like HCMC on a ship's tour may be the best/safest option.

If you check your roll call for your cruise you may find someone who has organised a private tour/transfer to HCM or Vung Tau which you could join

With the new highway travel time to Saigon is now considerable less than it was before, weekend travel excepted as thousands flock to Vung Tau from Saigon and the ferries between the two places have been suspended for several months now.

Personally I do not consider Vung Tau a must do - not much shopping -it is more a seaside city although the beaches are not what we have here -good place to go for a great seafood meal.