Tour Kiosks At Puerta Maya Pier?

zdcatc12

We are going in a couple of weeks and the others that I am going with are not beach/sun/snorkel people and have never been on a cruise. We would just like something to kill some time and see the island. Originally, I had planned the Cozumel Highlights Tour through Isle Mktg. However, that is sold out. Can anyone confirm that they or other companies will be selling excursions in the pier when we arrive? Don't really want to do a ship excursion for just an island tour or something along those lines. I have been to Coz a few times, but usually already have something planned and can't remember what ports have these type of sales going on. Thanks.

I don't recall tour kiosks at Puerta Maya. There are 4 rental car companies at the pier which may have good island maps and interesting sites to see. I suggest you research ahead and then when you get to port, see the taxi captain at the taxi stand. Tell him you want a van taxi and to hir ethe driver for the day. You can then show the driver what you want to see and negotiate a price.

Alternatively, see the thread on this board "Hiring a Driver For The Day". There's contact information there and the drivers are used to shuttling cruise passengers around the island to places that suit their interests.