air to houston from lax

andy007

Does carnival do a night before or day of cruise airfare. If anyone has sailed the Conquest from lax, please let me know. thanks:confused:

On domestic US flights, 90-95% of the time, cruise air will fly you in the day of the cruise. I can almost guarantee Houston/LAX will be day of cruise.

Thank you for your information.

i have another question. We have 2 cabins reserved, what are the chances of getting the same flight. There are 6 of us.:)

You won't know until you see the air tickets. One of the BIG problems with cruise air. You have to take what you get.

If you have time and it is NOT after final payment, why don't you see if you can't book your own air? We will all try to help you find the best and cheapest.

Thanks so much for your information. We don't sail until Aug 20th. I just might cancel the air portion of my cruise.:)

Don't cancel your air until you have something better. You are trying to sail prime time summer. Houston/LAX should be easily doable, but get something booked BEFORE you cancel your cruise air. The worst that could happen with cruise air is people on different flights, but you all meet up at the ship.

If you need further help, please post dates of travel and if you are willing to fly from alternate airports (not many alternatives around Houston, but there are in LA) and if you are willing to fly the day before cruise or the day after.

Also, please post whether you are sailing from Houston or Galveston. Galveston is 35 miles from Hobby(HOU) and 75 miles from Bush(IAH). Southwest Air flies from LAX to HOU. Continental (and others) fly (mostly) to IAH. There are many posts on these boards about this question, the main point being to plan to arrive in the area the DAY BEFORE you sail to avoid major stress--at least the first time you choose this route.

Happy Cruising.

Thanks for all this valuable information. I will talk to my TA to see what is available. I am sailing from Galveston on the 20th of August. We will probably sail on day of cruise.

I wouldn't worry too much. You are coming west to east across 2 time zones. If I recall correctly that is about a 3.5 - 4 hour scheduled flight. Becasue fo the times invloved they might just send you the night before, but if not expect a real early flight out of LAX, or maybe even a red eye.

Thanks for all this valuable information. I will talk to my TA to see what is available. I am sailing from Galveston on the 20th of August. We will probably sail on day of cruise.

Best I can see, that works with your cruise. $318.60 LAX to IAH on Frontier.

Leaves LAX at 6:30AM on the 20th, connect through Denver and arrive Houston at 1:50PM. Flight 144

Return on Aug. 27 departs Houston at 2:30PM on flight 145, again connects through Denver to flight 406 and arrives LAX at 6:20PM.

Best I can see, that works with your cruise. $318.60 LAX to IAH on Frontier.

Leaves LAX at 6:30AM on the 20th, connect through Denver and arrive Houston at 1:50PM. Flight 144

Return on Aug. 27 departs Houston at 2:30PM on flight 145, again connects through Denver to flight 406 and arrives LAX at 6:20PM.

IMHO opinion there is no way they put you on a flight getting there that late. Assuming that you are on time, by the time you get luggage, and get to the pier it is close to 4:30 maybe even later. If your cruise puts you on the flight they will wait, but if you book it on your own you are asking to get left at the dock.

IMHO opinion there is no way they put you on a flight getting there that late. Assuming that you are on time, by the time you get luggage, and get to the pier it is close to 4:30 maybe even later. If your cruise puts you on the flight they will wait, but if you book it on your own you are asking to get left at the dock.

There are VERY few flights that leave LAX (or surrounding airports) any earlier. The OP was asking for options to cruise air. The 6:00AM United flight gets in slightly later, with a longer layover in Denver. The Continental nonstop that arrives at 12:21 is almost sold out, so not six seats on the same plane.

There are two other options: the two Continental redeyes, which arrive sometime between 5:30 and 6:30AM. Not overly convenient, as the cruise busses probably won't pick anyone up until about 9:00AM. Or if they pick you up when the plane arrives, you get to sit in the cruise terminal for 4+ hours. Early Sunday morning, it shouldn't take any longer than 2 hours to drive to Galveston.

The last option is Continental flight 794, arriving at 11:00AM. This is the VERY best option. It is also the most expensive, even in the cheapest fare bucket. There are not six seats in the cheapest fare buckets, so the price increases proportionally.

The OP needs to know what the cruiseline is charging for air for all passengers, then make a decision as to the most viable option. If it was my decision and strictly based on convenience and price, I would take any of the Frontier flights on Saturday, Aug. 19.

Has anyone flown southwest airlines? It seems that they might have the best airfare.

You mean "Greyhound of the Skies". I hate Southwest and they are definitely NOT the cheapest in a lot of instances.

I just looked at August 20-27. Those dates are NOT available yet for booking. However, looking at comparable Sunday to Sunday in July, the price was over $400.00 per ticket, for the CHEAPEST ticket available.

LAX-HOU 1172 Depart Los Angeles (LAX) at 7:45 AM

Arrive in Houston (HOU) at 1:00 PM

HOU-LAX 1546 Depart Houston (HOU) at 1:05 PM

Arrive in Los Angeles (LAX) at 2:30 PM

Adult Depart LAX-HOU Advance Purchase Fare $195.35 $17.95 $4.50 $2.50 Return HOU-LAX Advance Purchase Fare $195.35 $17.95 $0.00 $2.50

Total $390.70 $35.90 $4.50 $5.00 -You have to add all these up to get total price

Any possibility of flying on the 19th, even in the evening? With savings of almost $100.00pp on Frontier over Southwest, you can Priceline a hotel, have an extra day vacation, make sure you make it to the ship on time and save some money.

I'm curious-how much is the cruise air???

Andy 007 - I booked my own air to LAX, but am using Carnivals transfer from LAX to the Pier. The transfer was about $12 more then SupperShuttle, but the agents will meet you at the baggage claim and get you to the ship ontime.

• 5 months later...

hey all. Just wanted to you all know that everything great. No problems what so ever. Left LAX at 7 am day of cruise and arrived at 12:30 pm in IAH. At the ship by 2 pm, on board by 2:30 pm. Thank you for all the wonderful information:) I booked my air through Carnival.

Archived