Flyer Talker Boeing 757 Question~

UpstateCruizer

Thank you for all of your wisdom in regards to flying! I've booked our flights but I have a seating question that I know you'd have an answer for. I went to the site that shows the seating on various plane types. Is there any reason that I should have avoiding booking seats on the wing or right behind the wing of a Boeing 757? I did see that there is no window for row 23 but that isn't an issue for us. Thank you again for your advice :)

Thank you for all of your wisdom in regards to flying! I've booked our flights but I have a seating question that I know you'd have an answer for. I went to the site that shows the seating on various plane types. Is there any reason that I should have avoiding booking seats on the wing or right behind the wing of a Boeing 757? I did see that there is no window for row 23 but that isn't an issue for us. Thank you again for your advice :)

Seat configurations vary from airline to airline so it would help if you told us the airline you are flying.

A perfect example is both Airtran and Midwest use 717's. Midwest is 4 seats per row and Airtran is 5 seats per row. Both airlines have different legroom so the number of rows on the same plane are different as well.

Seat configurations vary from airline to airline so it would help if you told us the airline you are flying.

A perfect example is both Airtran and Midwest use 717's. Midwest is 4 seats per row and Airtran is 5 seats per row. Both airlines have different legroom so the number of rows on the same plane are different as well.

I'm sorry it's Delta. It's 3 seats on each side of the aisle. Thanks :)

The ride will be a little noisier right behind the wings, because the high powered engines are mounted on the wings. If you care about the view, the wing/engine will block part of it.

The single class 757 is an ex-Song aircraft. Delta tried to create a subsidiary to low-fare dominated markets, and some have not yet been converted back to normal Delta standards. These planes fly more ex-MCO IIRC.

As long as you avoid the red flagged seats, you should be fine. these are 15ABCDEF on Song (or aircraft with 7 rows of 4 across first) and 25ABCDEF (5 row first class).

As other posters mentioned, immediately behind the wing is likely to be just a wee bit noisier due to the proximity of the engines. But not in any way like it gets in the back of a DC9 or MD-80, where the engines are right next to the fuselage. A good set of NR headphones will be a good investment if noise is an issue for you.

Beware the row immediately in front of an exit row, as it will likely have limited recline.

DL now has three different configs on the 757. There are the "old configs", which can be determined by the 6 rows of F, the ex-Song single class, which has 6 across throughout the plane including the front of the aircraft, and the ex-Song reconfigured, which have 7 rows of F in front of the middle entry door. Seatguru shows the first two, and you can extrapolate the third config by also using the seatmaps on the DL website (LINK HERE)

As other posters mentioned, immediately behind the wing is likely to be just a wee bit noisier due to the proximity of the engines. But not in any way like it gets in the back of a DC9 or MD-80, where the engines are right next to the fuselage. A good set of NR headphones will be a good investment if noise is an issue for you.

Beware the row immediately in front of an exit row, as it will likely have limited recline.

DL now has three different configs on the 757. There are the "old configs", which can be determined by the 6 rows of F, the ex-Song single class, which has 6 across throughout the plane including the front of the aircraft, and the ex-Song reconfigured, which have 7 rows of F in front of the middle entry door. Seatguru shows the first two, and you can extrapolate the third config by also using the seatmaps on the DL website (LINK HERE)

Thank you~! Flying doesn't bother my husband, or my oldest, but my 18 year old son hates flying. I wanted to be sure I wasn't opting for seats that could increase his anxiety. The noise wouldn't be an issue. I was more worried about increased vibrations or feeling the take off/landing more so than other areas of the plane. :)

Archived