Getting touch with Thomson GRRRRR

Tried to 'Mange my booking' For the last week or more. I get this... We're really sorry, we're having technical problems. Tried to call, waited for 15mins, no answer. Its funny the website works if you want to make a booking! I have tried this on 2 servers.

flightextras.thomson.co.uk

try that as I too had login problems and only the above option worked for me.. cannot buy excursions (but why would you due to thomsons markups) but using my link u can check in flights and add API details.

Tried to 'Mange my booking' For the last week or more. I get this... We're really sorry, we're having technical problems. Tried to call, waited for 15mins, no answer. Its funny the website works if you want to make a booking! I have tried this on 2 servers.

I got that every time. I think its a bit of a scam to make you call them and they upsell stuff.

I can book excursions but can't get into flight extras using the same booking ref. Keeps telling me my name or date of travel are wrong! Although I book through a TA I have always been able to do API online previously.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyone who has travelled with Thomson as long as we have will know that customer service is of secondary importance to the company.

We travel with them as their range of holidays suits us and we are not subject to the tips and gratuities fiasco, but we give them as little as possible outside the total price.

Never book excursions in the shop, they'll refund you immediately on the ship but totally ignore you if you have to claim back on shore, and the drinks package is a total ripoff given the asterisks on the drinks list although we will all be subject to that now that the Discoveries are going all inclusive.

At the end of the day they do allow you to bring alcohol on the ship and drink it in the cabin if you want a quality brand. For regular drinkers I would guess that is a big plus.

Hi fellow cruisers.

Re the access problems on Thomsons web site for cruises.

I think I can shed some light on why this is happening, I had the same trouble at the beginning of the week until I used a different browser. the browser in question was "Chrome" until I tried internet explorer.

Hope this helps

RR

We get so fed up with Thomson's website. We had a problem when trying to check in online for our Mayan Treasures cruise 2 weeks ago and this was using IE and not Chrome. We couldn't get past the select your seat screen (which we had already done weeks prior) and got so frustrated we went down to our local Thomson's and made a loud fuss in the shop. They went straight onto the site and did it for us and printed out the boarding passes. Result! But you shouldn't have to do this and not everyone has easy access to a shop.