Embassy Suites??

billnheather

Has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites Newark Airport New Jersey? I just used a bunch of points for 2 days before the cruise so we can go into NYC! My truck won't fit in most hotels in Manhattan, thats why we chose a hotel near the terminal!

Has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites Newark Airport New Jersey? I just used a bunch of points for 2 days before the cruise so we can go into NYC! My truck won't fit in most hotels in Manhattan, thats why we chose a hotel near the terminal!

We stayed there in September. Decent hotel, modern design. Room was clean, ready at check in time, not early. Breakfast was good. Happy hour was lame. NJ only allows for one free drink, snacks were a bowl of chips and yogurt topped with granola and peanut butter chips. Parking is an outdoor lot so no issues with a big truck.

We stayed there in September. Decent hotel, modern design. Room was clean, ready at check in time, not early. Breakfast was good. Happy hour was lame. NJ only allows for one free drink, snacks were a bowl of chips and yogurt topped with granola and peanut butter chips. Parking is an outdoor lot so no issues with a big truck.

Thanks for the quick reply I had to use 120,000 points for this and I didn't want to squander them! ! drink kinda blows! oh well I will make sure I bring some for happy hour! does it have a bar in it?

Thanks for the quick reply I had to use 120,000 points for this and I didn't want to squander them! ! drink kinda blows! oh well I will make sure I bring some for happy hour! does it have a bar in it?

Yes, there is a bar. You could get whatever for your free drink and then they had a $1 draft beer and a $1 wine if I remember correctly. They gave tickets for the drinks but they record your room number when they ring it up, so there was no way of getting an extra free drink, even though we had extra tickets.

There is a Ruby Tuesday's right across from the Embassy, so you can walk to that. The mall (forget the name) is there too, but we just stayed put for the night.

Embassy Suites is the newest airport hotel.

How are you planning to go to NYC? What date would you be doing this?

Ok, so our cruise is in June and were going 2 days before, Im just going to use Uber its only $60 for an Uber XL or $130 for an Uber Black each way.

Ok, so our cruise is in June and were going 2 days before, Im just going to use Uber its only $60 for an Uber XL or $130 for an Uber Black each way.

If you're trying to do this at morning rush hour, you could consider taking an Uber to Newark Penn Station and NJ Transit train to New York Penn Station in midtown or PATH to World Trade in downtown. During evening rush you would reverse the process. If you're only going to midtown, Uber to Secaucus Junction Station and NJ Transit train to New York Penn Station would work as well. There's nothing like sitting in a monster traffic jam trying to get through the Lincoln or Holland Tunnel.

If you're trying to do this at morning rush hour, you could consider taking an Uber to Newark Penn Station and NJ Transit train to New York Penn Station in midtown or PATH to World Trade in downtown. During evening rush you would reverse the process. If you're only going to midtown, Uber to Secaucus Junction Station and NJ Transit train to New York Penn Station would work as well. There's nothing like sitting in a monster traffic jam trying to get through the Lincoln or Holland Tunnel.

Your right and something I did not really think about! I can take a shuttle to the airport and amtrak to Penn Station! Thanks for the heads up!

A few more things you should know about the logistics of staying at EWR. If you're taking wine on board, bring it with you or buy it in NYC. Buying wine locally is difficult and a PITA (impossible without a car unless you spend extra $$ on a cab to do it).

To go from the hotel to NYC you take the hotel shuttle to a terminal or to the P4 Airtrain station and ride out to the Newark Airport train station which has no vehicle access.

The Jersey gardens mall is next to Embassy Suites. Dining choices in the area are Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP, Applebee's, Johnny Rockets, and a food court with other options.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you all for your help! NJ Transit's website is a pain! I can't see what are where I'm supposed to go! Im looking for 6 & 7 trains form Newark Airport to Penn Station and visa versa!

On the NJ Transit web page you select the first tab "schedules and fares" and select "trains" from the drop down. The origin station is "Newark Airport". The destination station is "New York Penn Station". Enter the date and hit "view schedule". All the inbound trains for that day will come up. Reverse the origin and destination stations and all the outbound trains that day will come up. I hope that answers your question.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if Embassy Suites has a park and stay package? Flying out of Newark need parking for 7 additional days.

What date would you be doing this?

Embassy Suites does offer a park/fly package. We also recommend Country Inns and the trinityreservations.com park/fly package at the Ramada Plaza or Springhill Suites. Trinity quotes tax included and their Ramada Plaza package is consistently the best value at EWR. I have used it for sailing from Cape Liberty.