Bacalar (aka Blue) Lagoon with Native Choice Tours?

CruzieSue

Has anyone taken the "Blue Lagoon Adventure Tour" through Native Choice Tours recently (last couple of months)? We will be in Costa Maya in May and this looks like a fun excursion away from the hustle and bustle of the beaches. Everything I've been able to find about it here on CC has been positive, but no recent reviews to confirm it's still a good choice, clean well-kept facilities, etc. Any info is appreciated. :)

The excursion I was looking at was just to the Lagoon, no ruins. Looks like my hubby could relax and nap (his favorite cruise activity :p ) in the shade under one of the cabanas whIle son and I could kayak, swim, etc. I believe lunch is included.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I did the Blue Lagoon tour in December. We were the only ones who booked it so we essentially got a private tour. Yes, your hubby can relax/ nap under one of the little huts while you and your son kayak or swim. Our guide took us out for about an hour in the kayaks which was nice. Neither one of us had been in a kayak before and she was very patient as we learned how to make it move. There is a current in the lagoon which surprised me. Lunch was included which was chicken, some veggies, and tortillas with an open bar. The only beer they had at the time was Corona which is great if you like it. After one, my husband went to margaritas. I had pina coladas.

My husband and I did the Blue Lagoon tour in December. We were the only ones who booked it so we essentially got a private tour. Yes, your hubby can relax/ nap under one of the little huts while you and your son kayak or swim. Our guide took us out for about an hour in the kayaks which was nice. Neither one of us had been in a kayak before and she was very patient as we learned how to make it move. There is a current in the lagoon which surprised me. Lunch was included which was chicken, some veggies, and tortillas with an open bar. The only beer they had at the time was Corona which is great if you like it. After one, my husband went to margaritas. I had pina coladas.

Thanks for your reply!! Sounds great !!!! I have booked with shoreexcursioneer.com for our May cruise !! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
My husband and I did the Blue Lagoon tour in December.

I read in another post (and now I can't find it) that the drive to/from the Lagoon was an hour and a half one way. Do you recall that it took that long to get there? Also, did you find the drive interesting and scenic or boring?

The description states it's a 5 hour excursion so if it's basically 3 hours traveling to and from, that only leaves 2 hours at the lagoon and if the kayaking is 1.5 hr (as stated in the description), that only leaves 30 minutes to relax, eat, change clothes, etc. Maybe we will be as lucky as you and not have a crowd to deal with and the kayaking won't take so long.

I think it was maybe an hour each way. The guide talked about different things or answered our questions so we were never bored. We also stopped and bought a bag of some really good pineapple along the way.

The driver was able to keep a decent speed on the roads until we got to the road that led toward the lagoon. The last road was quite bumpy so we couldn't go very fast.

For us at least, the kayak portion could have been shorter because the guide kept asking us if we were ok, do we need to turn back. We had told her that it was our first time so she was trying to make sure we weren't in over our heads.

I think we were there somewhere between 2 and 3 hours. Kayaking was 1 to 1 1/2 hours, 30 minutes or so to eat, and 30 to 45 minutes "free" time afterward. We just laid under the huts since we didn't want to be wet on the way back.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app