Switching rooms within the same category.

Was going to call Royal but wanted to see if anyone else had done this before I do and can play the game. Sailing on Empress in a few weeks. Currently booked in a category Q inside room on deck 3. Noticed there is a Cat Q inside available on deck 8. For whatever reason I can't switch rooms on my cruise planner. Button that you usually click to do so isn't there on any browser or computer I use. If the deck 8 room is $75 more pp than my deck 3 room, would they charge me the difference to switch? Or because it's the same category would there typically be no charge to switch? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As long as you booked under North American terms and conditions you can switch within the exact same category with no changes to your pricing or promotions.

All cabins in the category will be priced the same regardless if deck. With the new website it can change categories on you when you select a different location.

That was probably removed some time ago during one of RCI's many revisions of their web site.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I'll give them a call. It's strange. For my sailing on Indy last month it was always there. This sailing it never was and I booked in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums