Paris & Seine - Uniworld 8/21

simba3

We have been to Paris twice before for short stays and have seen some of the museums and attractions, so we're going to see some of what we have missed on our own.

If Uniworld helped with your hotel arrangements, are you by any chance staying at the Radisson Blu Ambassador?

Lois

Hi Lois,

Yes, we are at the Radisson Blu, which does not have very favorable reviews on TripAdvisor. I was wondering, how late are we at the hotel before going to the ship. This is my first time in Paris and would like as much time as possible to see the sights. Perhaps we can meet at the hotel. Ae traveleing with another couple? This is our 2nd Uniworld trip and str looking forward to another wonderful trip.

Jane

We had a great stay at the Eiffel Seine (boutique hotel) in April. Got a great buy online. It's very conveniently located just across from the Bir Hakim Bridge Metro Station and around the corner from the Champs du Mar Station.

We had a great stay at the Eiffel Seine (boutique hotel) in April. Got a great buy online. It's very conveniently located just across from the Bir Hakim Bridge Metro Station and around the corner from the Champs du Mar Station.

In 2 weeks we'll be in Paris and we've booked the Eiffel Seine for our 5 night stay before going on our Amsterdam-Budapest cruise. I'm glad that it appears we've picked a decent hotel. Trip Advisor had nothing but good reviews.

Jane,

Our travel documents only say "Hotel check out after breakfast. Transfer to your cruise ship", so I'm guessing that we might be there around noon. We don't get lunch on the boat - nothing until dinner and I think we don't depart until early evening, so there are some afternoon hours that could be used for more individual sightseeing. The dock is maybe a mile or more from the Eiffel Tower, so if you haven't seen it on Friday or Saturday, maybe you can on Sunday.

We are Jim and Lois Rice and are traveling alone. We were on a Danube cruise 4 years ago with a different company and really enjoyed it. If we don't see you before at the hotel we will probably all be part of the group being transfered to the ship. Enjoy your free time exploring.

Lois

Hi Lois,

We are Jane and Dave Blumer. Thanks for the info on the place where the boat is docked. I guess we will save some touring for that area. At the time I sent out the last post, I hadn't yet received our travel docs. Uniworld overnighted the docs to us on Monday.

Have a safe flight and see you soon.

Jane

We took the Uniworld (our first river cruise) Grand France Tour on June 26th. We stayed at the Hotel Eiffel Seine for 3 nights prior to the start of the crusie.

The Eiffel Seine was perfect. We had a "Club" room. The room was

very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Location of hotel was

good. We could walk to the major attractions, but, we also took the

boat-a-bus (about 10 minutes from the hotel) when our feet got tired.

I believe a 3 day pass for the boat cost us $18.00 each. Very nice mode of travel. Hop on and off whenever you want.

The Grand France Tour with Uniworld was absolutely wonderful!

The Grand France Tour includes Northern and Southern France on

the River Baroness and then the River Royale.

Be sure to get good directions from Uniworld on how to get to the boat in Paris. We had a chauffeur. He and many taxi drivers had trouble getting to the spot where the boat was docked. There is a big baloon in the air

that you cannot miss. And the boat is docked across from that baloon. However, it is somewhat difficult to find the street that will lead you

right to the boat. Our driver had to call the boat to get assistance.

The boat is docked about a mile or two from the Eiffel Seine, but, we

had a chauffeur rather than walk with all of our luggage.

Our stay in Paris on our own for three nights and the Uniworld Tour

was Fantastic! We would highly recommend this tour. If anyone has

any specific questions regarding a stay in Paris or any questions regarding

the Uniworld Tour, we would be more than happy to respond.

Brandy

If you are taking a taxi to the boat in Paris, it is moored by Citroen Park. And - there is a "gate" to get into the lot by the boat- so you may need to call ahead to get the gate opened. There will be a phone number in your documents when they arrive.

In 2 weeks we'll be in Paris and we've booked the Eiffel Seine for our 5 night stay before going on our Amsterdam-Budapest cruise. I'm glad that it appears we've picked a decent hotel. Trip Advisor had nothing but good reviews.

I would strongly suggest getting the Museum Pass (we were also in Paris for 5 nights). We got the 4-day museum pass and planned our visits accordingly. We did not get the metro pass but instead but sets of ten tickets for our travels around the city.

How are you traveling from Paris to Amsterdam? We took the train from Antwerp, Belgium to Paris, and I know that route also includes Amsterdam. It was a pleasant trip, but you need to be especially careful about luggage thieves operating in the station and even on the train.

There is a supermarket just down from the hotel, and we bought fruit and pastries for breakfast and made coffee/tea in our room each morning.

Happy traveling!!:)

I would strongly suggest getting the Museum Pass (we were also in Paris for 5 nights). We got the 4-day museum pass and planned our visits accordingly. We did not get the metro pass but instead but sets of ten tickets for our travels around the city.

How are you traveling from Paris to Amsterdam? We took the train from Antwerp, Belgium to Paris, and I know that route also includes Amsterdam. It was a pleasant trip, but you need to be especially careful about luggage thieves operating in the station and even on the train.

There is a supermarket just down from the hotel, and we bought fruit and pastries for breakfast and made coffee/tea in our room each morning.

Happy traveling!!:)

The museum Pass is the first thing on our list to buy. I'm told we can get ours at the airport in arrivals from a Tourist Bureau booth. I've also read a lot about buying Metro passes in lots of 10 and we'll be doing that for sure. Nice to read there's a supermarket down the street as we plan our breakfasts much as you did.

We will be flying to Amsterdam on the morning of our cruise connection. I've read so many instances of pick-pockets and all the current scams but we can only hope the precautions we plan to take will be sufficient. Just 12 days to go and the excitement level is so high I feel we might burst. :)

Our first day in Paris we walked (from the Eiffel Seine) to the Rodin Museum. We bought our museum pass at the Rodin Museum. No lines

to get the pass. And the museum is a "must see".

The walk to the museum was lovely, we passed the Eiffel Tower and lots

of lovely streets with cafes. We used "Rick Steves" book as a guide to where the local cafes are located. In his book "Rick Steves-Paris 2011"

he also has some great little maps of various areas.

Have a great trip!

We will be flying to Amsterdam on the morning of our cruise connection. I've read so many instances of pick-pockets and all the current scams but we can only hope the precautions we plan to take will be sufficient. Just 12 days to go and the excitement level is so high I feel we might burst. :)

The staff at Eiffel Seine can arrange a shuttle to pick you up and take you to the airport; we found that the least expensive and most convenient way to get there. I think we did reservations about 2 days in advance.:)

Archived