Cabin upgrade offer?

ichichi

Have any of you booked a "no upgrade" cabin and later been offered an upgrade for a modest additional payment? If so, I would be interested to know:

How close to the sailing date was the offer?

How was the offer made? To your email address? Via your travel agent?

Were you offered a specific cabin?

Have any of you booked a "no upgrade" cabin and later been offered an upgrade for a modest additional payment? If so, I would be interested to know:

It was a few years ago, but I think the offer came a few months before the sailing date. It was a letter from Cunard but I had to contact my TA to arrange it and I had a choice of cabins in that grade.

I asked this question of someone at Cunard reservations not so long ago. I was told that sometimes people ask for these paid upgrades but they would not be offered until a day or two before sailing. She then told me that on embarkation day, guests go straight to the pursers desk to see if there are any 'no shows' or late cancellations just in case they can upgrade. Apparently, there are always 'no shows' :eek:

She then told me that on embarkation day, guests go straight to the pursers desk to see if there are any 'no shows' or late cancellations just in case they can upgrade. Apparently, there are always 'no shows' :eek:

On just about every sailing I have noticed that a sign is automatically put out on the pursers desk saying that the ship is sailing full and there are no upgrades.

We booked a Britannia BA balcony cabin number 6095 on deck 6. This had a larger corner balcony and we had specifically requested "No Upgrade" through our Travel agent. We subsequently received an upgrade to a P1 cabin 8081.

We were been notified of the upgrade only 3 days before departure via our Voyage Personaliser. Our TA new nothing about it. We certainly couldn't complain on this occasion but were amazed that we received an upgrade after specifically requesting No Upgrade.