OBC happiness!

Wow! You overpaid by a lot when you booked.

I didn't overpay ... I paid what the going rate was at the time. Now that the cruise is getting close I assume they are dropping prices to make sure they cruise full, and I'm reaping the benefits.

Edited by FloridaMommyof3

Congrats!!! I think I paid the rock bottom going rate at the time, along with the other 5 cabins that we have, and thats why we're not seeing any obi due to price drops. The price did come down some from when we originally booked on two of the rooms, but we risk loosing our original $100obc for $40-$60 dollars, which meant we are actually taking a loss since we don't want to change rooms. The price is starting to go back up, so we'll monitor it to see what happens in the next 57 days.

Edited by sjcruiser

Just did another quick check with a mock booking, and holy hat I got another OBC!! I'm up to $343 and I could not be more thrilled!

Google "fareviewer" and check prices through that. Much easier than doing a mock booking.

How do you get this onboard credit when price goes down? Do you have to call Carnival? The price of my upcoming cruise has dropped quite a bit...

Depends on how you booked. If you booked Early Saver (ES) you can receive price drops up till 2 days before you cruise.

With some of the other rate codes, you are entitled to price drops up until final payment due date. There are also a few rate codes, where you are not entitled to any price drops.

When is you cruise & what rate code are you booked under?

Depends on how you booked. If you booked Early Saver (ES) you can receive price drops up till 2 days before you cruise.

With some of the other rate codes, you are entitled to price drops up until final payment due date. There are also a few rate codes, where you are not entitled to any price drops.

When is you cruise & what rate code are you booked under?

Our cruise is in 11 days (YAY!!!). I think we booked under Super Saver, but honestly, I am not sure...

Thanks for any direction you can give me!!!!!!

Our cruise is in 11 days (YAY!!!). I think we booked under Super Saver, but honestly, I am not sure...

Thanks for any direction you can give me!!!!!!

Call Carnival and ask! They will check for you and explain what you are booked under, etc. Definitely make that call.