Livorno to Pisa

UKUSA1

Ok... I have looked at how to get from Livorno to Pisa from our cruise ship Explorer (RCI).

I have looked at train and bus options.

However, I am interested in a taxi option. Has anyone done that and how much did it cost?

Ok... I have looked at how to get from Livorno to Pisa from our cruise ship Explorer (RCI).

I have looked at train and bus options.

However, I am interested in a taxi option. Has anyone done that and how much did it cost?

Better asked on the Italy Ports of Call board.

If you could find a taxi that would agree to run the meter (which is unlikely) it would probably be about 45 - 50 Euros (one-way). But taxis at the port do not like these one-way hauls since it means they would have to return (empty) to Livorno. So taxis at the Port will want to negotiate a price based on time. Ideally they will counter with an offer to take you to Pisa and another place (such as Florence or Lucca) and will ask for 300 - 400€ for the entire day. At that point you can try to negotiate a better deal. Your success will depend on supply-demand and some luck. We have heard of some taxis willing to take a fare to Pisa, wait for 2 hours, and then return their fares to Livorno for about 130€

The problem is that nobody can force Italian taxis to take a particular fare from the port and they always have the ability to say NO!

Hank