Scheduling Car Service Manhattan Terminal to LGA Gem 6/3

texastennis

I am planning car service on Dial 7 and need to know what time I should have them pick me up from the Manhattan Cruise terminal to LGA.

I have a 4:00 p.m. flight, and do not plan to disembark early (want to have breakfast in the MDR first, avoid the lines and crowds and leave peacefully) :)

What time should I arrange to be picked up?

Thanks.

You're going to have to be off the ship by 10 to 10:30 (assuming your ship is scheduled to arrive around 7 to 8 am...some Gem itineraries have scheduled arrival at 10 am, but it's almost never that late in reality) . I would schedule the pick up for about 11.

I have a group of 12 people going on the Breakaway out of Manhattan in May. I am not going with the group so I want to make sure that they get accurate information on where to pick up the van that is hired to get them at 10:30 AM on the day of disembarkation. I am going to give one of the people in charge of the group a letter to be given to the group coordinator so they all get the same color disembarkation luggage tags. Once they get there luggage and then go through customs what is the best advice that I can give to them to find the driver of the van.? I did ask the van service if he could have a sign with the name of their group on it so I'm hoping that will work. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thanks.:)

I have a group of 12 people going on the Breakaway out of Manhattan in May. I am not going with the group so I want to make sure that they get accurate information on where to pick up the van that is hired to get them at 10:30 AM on the day of disembarkation. I am going to give one of the people in charge of the group a letter to be given to the group coordinator so they all get the same color disembarkation luggage tags. Once they get there luggage and then go through customs what is the best advice that I can give to them to find the driver of the van.? I did ask the van service if he could have a sign with the name of their group on it so I'm hoping that will work. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thanks.:)

It's impossible to answer your question because there are times when no private vehicles are allowed to enter the cruise terminal complex to pick up passengers, requiring everyone to be picked up across the street on the northbound side of 12th Ave. or an adjacent side street. You never know until you actually disembark whether that will be the case that day. If the vehicle is allowed in they should be directed to one of the parking stalls on street level that would be to the left as passengers exit the cruise pier. That means the pick up location will be located somewhere between Pier 88 and Pier 90. I think someone in the group should have the ability to and responsibility for contacting the van service by phone that morning to determine where the van has been directed to go for pick up.

It's impossible to answer your question because there are times when no private vehicles are allowed to enter the cruise terminal complex to pick up passengers, requiring everyone to be picked up across the street on the northbound side of 12th Ave. or an adjacent side street. You never know until you actually disembark whether that will be the case that day. If the vehicle is allowed in they should be directed to one of the parking stalls on street level that would be to the left as passengers exit the cruise pier. That means the pick up location will be located somewhere between Pier 88 and Pier 90.

Oh boy...not sure what to do as the group is a senior citizen group, three of which are in wheel chairs for disembarkation. They will not be able to cross the street, especially with luggage. Now I'm really nervous.

Oh boy...not sure what to do as the group is a senior citizen group, three of which are in wheel chairs for disembarkation. They will not be able to cross the street, especially with luggage. Now I'm really nervous.

Does the transportation company you hired have experience picking up groups at the cruise terminal? If yes, ask them about where they have been picking up their passengers.

In any event if the driver is stopped trying to enter the street level pick up area of the cruise terminal I'd suggest he explain to the security guard or police officer that he's picking up a group of handicapped senior citizens who can't easily cross the street. Hopefully with that explanation they'll let him in. That still doesn't solve the problem of exactly where he'll be allowed to make the pick up. There are a series of parking stalls where buses and other vehicles can pick up passengers. It's not possible to know in advance which spot might be vacant when the driver arrives. That's why someone needs to be in touch with the transportation company. When I get picked up I call the dispatcher at my limo company and tell them exactly where I am...the support columns have numbers on them that the diver can see as they're driving through the pick up area.