Anthony's Key resort?

39august

A few years ago there were all sorts of comments about this resort and its use by cruisers. Does this resort still allow cruise pax to use the facilities and beach? I know it is much closer to the cruise port than West Bay and West End.

• 2 months later...

Unless things have changed, the dolphin dive/swim has to be booked through the cruiseline (I believe they had an "exclusive" contract with the cruiselines that did not allow them to accept walkups on cruiseship days).

I"m curious as to whether they still allow cruise folks to use the resort property. I always got the impression (though conversations with other divers) that some of the resort guests did not like having the cruise folks there (intruded on the tranquil feel of the resort, security concerns, etc). I believe the owners of AKR also own Fins & Flippers and I've always assumed F&F was built to cater to the cruise folks without overcrowding the resort & making the guests there unhappy (but I don't know this, it's just my assumption).

F&F is pretty much right by the cruise dock; from that area it's about a 15 minute drive in a car.

Archived