Synagogue location

rrader

We are interested in touring Mikve Israel Emanuel Synagogue while in Curaçao in July. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago asking them for directions from the port and have still not heard back from them. Does anyone know how far it is from the cruise port? Is it an easy walk or should we get a taxi?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are interested in touring Mikve Israel Emanuel Synagogue while in Curaçao in July. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago asking them for directions from the port and have still not heard back from them. Does anyone know how far it is from the cruise port? Is it an easy walk or should we get a taxi?

You do not need a taxi to get there. Walk through the Rif Fort area, cross the floating bridge, turn right onto Breedestrat, turn left onto Da Costa Gomezplein, turn right onto Hanchi Snoa - 10 minute or so walk(I think I have the street names right!). Regardless - there is a tourism booth on that side of the floating bridge as soon as you cross it so they can also tell you the names of the streets. It is an easy walk and well worth it!

Happy to help! We have been to Curacao many times and love it there. I think it is $10 per person to go to the museum at the Synagogue and it is worth it. There are alot of shops and small restaurant cafes in that area too.

If you are there in the morning - once you cross the bridge, walk all the way to the left and enjoy some fresh fruit at the floating market!

You are so sweet and such a big help. Unfortunately our ship doesn't dock in Curaçao until 1:00 PM so we may not be able to check out the market but still looking forward to our time there. Again, thank you!

Very walkable. In the center of town. Oldest synagogue in the western hemisphere -- predates the USA. The congregation has been around since the 1600s. Wonderful place. If you are Jewish and there on shabbat, let them know; they will be happy to have you for services.

- Joel

Thank you so much Joel. We are really looking forward to this port. We are Jewish but unfortunately won't be there for Shabbat. We're scheduled to dock there on a Wednesday [emoji17].