Looking for Info on Variety Cruise M/S Galileo

Owl01B

• 1 month later...

A friend and I are booked on the 5/28/2010 sailing of the M/S Galileo. I reviewed a lot of itineraries and did a fair amount of research. While I had some concerns over the number of negative comments I read, most seem to center around the winds that occur in the later summer months. I will let you know how everything progresses.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I took a chance on Variety Cruise Line even though they were 50/50 on negative and positive reviews. Their itinerary and brochures looked great. I also thought that most of the negative reviews revolved around the wind...but since hindsight is 20/20, I should have paid more attention to the rest of what people were saying. Our week of struggles had nothing to do with weather. For all the details, I set up my own website to help people make an informed decision. With the proper research and information, at least you can come to your own conclusion.

http://www.theklanckes.com/Variety_Cruises

I would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have....unlike Variety who have effectively ignored all of our (9 of us) complaints for 7 months.

Jeff

• 10 months later...
I'm planning a September "Jewels of the Cyclades" cruise on M/S Galileo by Variety Cruises. Has anyone experienced this cruise and or this ship? Would appreciate any comments, good or bad.

We are booked for October 14-21st 2011 and were wondering if there were any updates. Cannot seem to find any current information. Wondering if reviews this year were better than the past:confused: Seems there is no Roll Call...guess it is too small for that???

• 8 months later...

Hi

I've booked a cruise the 'Jewels of the Cyclades' with Variety Cruises, sailing on 6th July 2012 on the MS Galileo. Does anyone have any information about the tour, life on board, type of food, cost of drinks, origin of passengers, etc?

Also, any information about your experience of the tour would be much appreciated, including whether it's worth booking the excursions from the boat.

I've read that the winds can be a problem. Is that the case in early July?

Any top tips?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Dansmami,

We sailed that ship about 5 years ago in May. It is a nice small vessel and well laid out. Small dining room, food was fine (but we like everything). There is a spa but they did not fill it, they only put up the sails once for a very brief time... memory serves me that at that time wine was included with dinner, but I don't believe it is any longer. The itinerary was our main objective and it was dynomite - even though they altered some ports. We did most of the ports on our own because it was very easy. I must go through my photos to see what I can now still remember. Just know that on a ship that small ( esp if it is not filled to capacity) there are not so many choices of people to meet. It was only 1/2 full on ours and we found too many passengers to be rather 'catty' and too often had something harsh to say about other passengers. I would think having another couple to travel with would be nice on that small of a ship.... that being said, we are sailing the new Voyager in September and we are going solo too. Question for you... have you rec'd documents from Variety? Paid in full? I'm having trouble contacting them in past week or so. More later.....

Archived