Breeze Blush Dining Room

luckymom17

I have a friend that just got home from a week on the cruise and I've also read a couple of Breeze reviews, and I'm concerned about the Blush dining room. Most of the pictures I have seen that were taken in the evening come out ORANGE. Is that just because of the evening lighting? Is there a setting on cameras to keep that from happening on my photos? I don't want anytime dining, so most likely I will be in the Blush Dining room. Is this something anyone else has noticed or experienced? How do I fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It has been a few years (2013) since i have been on the Breeze, but I am going back this August. It is a great ship, and if you haven;t been yet, you will love it. Anyway, I do Anytime Dining and was in Sapphire. Looking back at my old pictures, I only have two from the dining room anyway, and the background colors are almost pinkish from the decorative ceiling lights, but the subject (my wife reading a menu) has normal coloration.

I am wondering if your friend used a flash? A lot of modern cameras are pretty sensitive and can photograph with indoor lighting without a flash, but... sometimes indoor lighting leaves colors with a lot to be desired. Often, without a flash the exposure can get a bit "redder" with some indoor light, which may cause the orangeness you are seeing. I would suggest to try to use a flash when you are there, its white light will offer good color balance, or there might a setting for indoor lights.

Interesting, I was on in 2012 and my pictures did not come out with a color, but just a bit darker. My wife scrapbooked them and for the ones she wanted to use she just adding some lighting effects to brighten them up.

I am wondering what settings are being uses... You can always just take the camera the first night and play with it till you find a setting that will work. digital cameras take free photos...

Even when you google image search Breeze Blush Dining room a majority of the images are orange. There are a few when it's bright... I wonder if that's the difference in the day time and the dinner time lighting. Just don't want all my pictures tinted orange. I will definitely try the flash!

luckymom, I have seen photos showing the same orangish lighting that you are referring to. I'm not sure if it's like that all the time or not, but I'm sure you'll have opportunities to take photos besides at the dinner table. You may be able to do some post processing of your photos to adjust color and white balance. We will be on the Breeze in a couple of weeks, but I believe we'll be in Saphire Dining Room. I'll try to remember to check out the Blush and see what the lighting is like.

I have a friend that just got home from a week on the cruise and I've also read a couple of Breeze reviews, and I'm concerned about the Blush dining room. Most of the pictures I have seen that were taken in the evening come out ORANGE. Is that just because of the evening lighting? Is there a setting on cameras to keep that from happening on my photos? I don't want anytime dining, so most likely I will be in the Blush Dining room. Is this something anyone else has noticed or experienced? How do I fix?

Our pictures had the orange tinted backgrounds, but the subject was not tinted. I took pictures of my family sitting across from me and they (face, clothes, hair) looked just fine. This was with an iPhone 6, no flash.

We ate in Sapphire, but at night I could see the Blush dining room giving a bit of an orange tint.

A flash will light the subject with the correct color temperature light, but it won't correct the entire room. Add the color temperature of the room and the possible underexposure of the rest of the room at night, and a picture would probably appear more orange.

During the day this won't be as much of an issue.