Thomson Majesty roll call 13/06/17 - First time cruisers!

Hi everybody,

My wife and I are about to embark on our first cruise next week round the Med on Majesty. Is there anybody out there who might have some tips for first timers and any info regarding excursions?

Are Thomson good value or is a local company better?

Any general advice would be most welcome.

Paul & Claire

Hi everybody,

My wife and I are about to embark on our first cruise next week round the Med on Majesty. Is there anybody out there who might have some tips for first timers and any info regarding excursions?

Are Thomson good value or is a local company better?

Any general advice would be most welcome.

Paul & Claire

You must be so excited, you will have a lovely time and get hooked on cruising! Thomsons are a very good company, the staff are so friendly and the entertainment is generally good.

With regard to excursions, we prefer to DIY but it depends on your ports of call and what your interests are. The main thing is to leave plenty of time to gt back to the ship. If you are late they will not wait for you except if you are on a Thomson trip. But provided you keep an eye on the time it's great to do things at your own pace.

If you post on the roll-call section you will probably find that others respond.

Enjoy your first cruise:)

Thankyou for the reply dronnygirl. Yes we are both very excited. I have heard alot of good things about Thomson cruises.

The ports we are visiting are very close to the places we are wanting to visit so I think we might DIY as per what you prefer.:):):):)

In my experience, the roll calls are mostly an American thing, along with name magnets for the cabin ( stateroom) doors etc. We attended a roll call once, on Celebrity. Wasn't that exciting to be honest!

Sent from my iPad using Forums