park and cruise hotel port of miami

boommer425

Hello everyone,

I am sorry if i missed it but been looking for a park and cruise hotel near the port of miami for under 200.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear it!!

thank you for your help!!!!

from the research I did last year, there was not a good place to leave a vehicle except for the port. Posts suggested that many of the lots were not very secure and many had been victims of vandalism/theft. We chose to drive to Orlando and stay a couple of nights, then drove into miami the morning of the cruise. We parked at the port and it was very convenient.

When do you cruise? :confused: Prices are highest Dec-April, but you can find bargains in July and August.

As downtown Miami hotels charge guest $25-30+ per day to park while they stay, only some hotels out near the MIA airport offer cruise parking deals. La Quinta East and Springhill Suites Medical center are two budget options often suggested. Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon is a nicer hotel in a nicer area. None includes a ride back to your car - figure on a $25-30+ taxi.

http://www.stay123.com and http://www.parksleepfly.com are two sources to check.

I would stay north of Miami cheap off the highway (West Palm area is 90 minutes away; even Orlando is only 3.5 hours or so away) and drive to the port the morning of your cruise. Parking at POM is $20/day, but is covered, convenient and secure.

Instead of a night in a hotel (plus the cab back to your car) and leaving your car, or parking at the port, you might consider two one way car rentals. If you rent from National, Alamo or Thrifty you can use their free shuttle from the MIA airport car rental center to POM and back to MIA after the cruise (show the driver your reservation paperwork).

If you get a better deal from Avis or someone else in downtown Miami a taxi to the port (if they do not shuttle) is only about $12