ROLL CALL: Voyager of the Sea - March 22, 2009

Bill-Squared

Hey Bill, already talked to you on the Roll Call but 3 Friends of Dorthy so far in our group going on Voyager... and hopefully we can get our other friends to join in too.

So glad you found this post, too. I almost mentioned it on the other thread, but...didn't want to presume! :o

So, it's you two guys and a friend? I'm hoping we have others as well. I don't think RCCL does FOD meetings on board. At least, that's what I "heard" here on these boards.

You said you'd book an "OS" cabin. What exactly is that? Will all three of you being staying there?

We are actually traveling with a group of friends, but only one other is gay... but we are talking to another couple we know and another good friend so we might have a pretty good turn out for the gay's.

The other 5 people we are traveling with are all straight, but they are all very open minded and fun people to hang out with.

Well if this time is anything like our last cruise on Voyager, we hope to meet some great people.

Oh to touch on something you mentioned earlier...

RCL does not sponsor an offical FOD meeting on the cruise, however all of the cruises we have been on someone has always posted a FOD meeting on the community bulliten board, usualy for nightly drinks at the pool bar or something, its been fun in the past.

Cool, I did not know that could be done. Like I said, the cruise we went on was with Pied Piper, so there were already 600 gay men onboard and PP had events, activities, etc. We met some folks...but some of the guys at our table were NOT fun. (Can you say "bitchy queens?" We didn't even end up taking all our meals in the dining room.) :(

Well you will have a much better experience with Royal, I can assure you of that. Its our favorite cruise line, and pretty much the only one we sail with because it always has a good mix of people.

We did an Atlantis cruise back in 2005 which was alot of fun, you guy should also look into doing one of those. We are thinking of doing another one maybe to Europe in 2009 or 2010.

Well you will have a much better experience with Royal, I can assure you of that. Its our favorite cruise line, and pretty much the only one we sail with because it always has a good mix of people.

We did an Atlantis cruise back in 2005 which was alot of fun, you guy should also look into doing one of those. We are thinking of doing another one maybe to Europe in 2009 or 2010.

Our Pied Piper cruise was on RCCL/Radiance. There were 600 of us and then the rest of the ship. I don't know if I'd like an Atlantis cruise. All the photos always look so intimidating. (Young, buff and hot!) We're...well, NOT that! :mad:

That is so just a marketing ploy... its far from what you see on the website.

It was actually a great cruise, its incredible the job atlantis does, and it really make the cruise remerable. Dont be intimindated, defiatnly try it.

Marketing ploy? Does that mean if I DO go, I won't see all those hunks? :p

Hope you have a wonderful fourth! Got lots of cleaning done today and got the cabinets put together...but lots and lots to do tomorrow to get the cabinets full of all the junk. But we're gonna BBQ some buffalo tomorrow and then watch a movie tomorrow night...so it won't be all work. :)

Talk to you soon!

you will see some, but the ship is not covered with them like the photos lead you to believe. It also depends on which cruise you do. The caribbean or mexico cruises are typically a younger crowd.

You would be the "younger crowd" to us! ;) (We're in our 50s)

I just hope we get some more "family" on this cruise...and posting to this thread. It'd be nice to "know" some folks prior to boarding and then we can schedule a FOD meeting.

I hope so too. It is still a little early, and I know that there are still a bunch of rooms available, but I would expect this cruise to fill up in the next couple months. Its right around spring break so there should be a good crowd.

I had not thought about it being close to Spring Break.

I know this is going to make me sound really, really OLD, but I hope the cruise is not over-loaded with college students on Spring Break. I've heard from the boards where that can get really bad in those situations. :eek:

We're leaving tomorrow morning for a conference in Tacoma, WA. I will have some access to e-mail, but just not sure how much or how often I'll get to check in. (I'm teaching at the conference...so it's not like I can blow it off! :p )

Until then...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Jmrpaint!

Sorry to be so quiet lately, but things at work and home have been crazy! I did want to check in and see if any new folks had joined our little thread here...but it still seems to be a bit quiet. :confused:

Hope all is well in your part of the world. It's really, really hot here in Dallas, with temps the past few days in the 100s. :eek:

Have a great week! I also posted on our other Roll Call thread today!

All is well here, I have not been posting a lot lately, we are trying to plan for our wedding (Aug 23rd) and also get ready for our big Alaskan Cruise (Sep 12th).

Weather has been pretty nice out here (which is actually unusal for this time of year) We have only been in the Mid to upper 70's (but im not going to complain)

:cool: That's very exciting! My best friend and his partner just "tied the knot" in Orange County a few weeks ago. I was there for their "Holy Union" (I even officiated), then they did the DP registration...and now actual marriage. How very exciting.

I figure we'll have legal same-sex marriage here in Texas any day now. Just as soon as HELL FREEZES OVER!!! :mad:

Bring lots of photos to the cruise. We'll all want to see them.

:cool: That's very exciting! My best friend and his partner just "tied the knot" in Orange County a few weeks ago. I was there for their "Holy Union" (I even officiated), then they did the DP registration...and now actual marriage.

I'm so envious. I figure we'll have legal same-sex marriage here in Texas any day now. Just as soon as HELL FREEZES OVER!!! :mad:

Bring lots of photos to the cruise. We'll all want to see them.

Well hell might freeze over any decade now.... How long have you and your signifigant other been together. Michael and I just celebrated our 5th year together.

We've been together from 10 years. We measure in dog years...so it's really been like 70 years for us. ;)

And remember---this is Texas. We gave the world George W. Bush. And our current Governor is JUST LIKE HIM. A couple of years ago, we amended our state Constitution (at the urging of our Governor and G.W.) to "protect marriage." He signed it in a fundamental church!!!!!

We now have one of the strictest anti-gay amendments of all the states. We not only won't recognize same-sex marriages, or civil union...we refuse to recognize ANY contract or arrangement that seeks to imply marriage or union between same sex couples. (e.g., wills, power of attorney, etc.) And all the time the politicians were promoting this amendment, they kept saying it wasn't "against" gay people...it was "for" the sanctity of marriage. PUUUU-LEAZE!!! :mad: (If you're gonna be a bigot, at least admit it and call it what it is!)

Congats on 5 years!!!! I think that's so cool.

Sounds like a great time to move out of Texas. =) Congradulations on your 70 years. =)

Don't think we haven't tried! Would love to get back to CA...but gotta have a job first. :confused: Until then, we work to change it. (And we go on cruises! :D )

Hey, Jmrpaint. Trip to Austin was okay (it was work-related...so lots of meeting, etc.) Got back last night and very tired at work today. So, so ready for the weekend.

Got big plans for the weekend? Everything ready for the wedding? :p

Archived