ROLL CALL: Voyager of the Sea - March 22, 2009

Bill-Squared

Haven't heard from you in a while...so just checking on you. (Not wanting to sound like your mother...:( )

Hey Bill,

PHEW!!! Im finally somewhat, kinda, sorta getting back into the swing of things... It has been an very hectic few months for us, with the wedding, the cruise, and our outrageous Halloween party.. and as if we have not been busy enough with all those things, we have been working very hard on the No on Prop 8 campaign... hopefully after the elections on Tuesday, I will be in a very good mood and be able to stay on top of the message boards.

So, we finally got the final count of people going with us in March, 10 of us Total 4 gays, and 6 loving straight people...

Hello Mike and Josh! Great to have you with us! Congratulations on your upcoming Anniversary Cruise!

Hope all is will with you Bill.

Jason

No we have not made reservation for Oasis yet. We are still deciding if we want to do the Dream B2B first, or Oasis first. I am not a big fan of Jamaica, so that leaves just the Eastern on the Oasis. I am thinking one in early 2010, the other in late 2010. We really wanted to be able to do a Europe cruise this year, however with the weak dollar.. killer airfare and uncertainty of everything, we are opting to wait on Europe! ( pricing them out it was like the cost of 4 cruises with air, for 1 normal cruise. :eek: )

I am with you.. I like the big ships. The smallest I want to sail is about 70,000 GRT. Like you we have done a Radiance class ship.. the Serenade. She was a really pretty ship, and I loved the layout.

If you are considering a European Cruise, you should join us on the TA Jewel Cruise Sept of 2009... very reasonable prices and nice itinerary for Northern Europe (12 night London to Boston)...

Hey Bill,

PHEW!!! Im finally somewhat, kinda, sorta getting back into the swing of things... It has been an very hectic few months for us, with the wedding, the cruise, and our outrageous Halloween party.. and as if we have not been busy enough with all those things, we have been working very hard on the No on Prop 8 campaign... hopefully after the elections on Tuesday, I will be in a very good mood and be able to stay on top of the message boards.

So, we finally got the final count of people going with us in March, 10 of us Total 4 gays, and 6 loving straight people...

Hello Mike and Josh! Great to have you with us! Congratulations on your upcoming Anniversary Cruise!

Hope all is will with you Bill.

Jason

WELCOME BACK!!! Missed you.

We sent some $$$ to support "No on Prop 8" and we're putting out good thoughts for the outcome. My best friend and his partner were married earlier and I did it for them...and all of you! I'm so hoping that the tide is turning and (with Conneticut) the dominoes are falling. I would love to be able to marry. :D

Bill,

thanks for your contribution! Only 1 day until the election, tensions are very tight. Michael and I were out all weekend volunteering and working on the campaign. Its going to come down to the wire.

After all of this, we will be highly anticipating a vacation... March here we come...

Jason

UGH, well I had to change the date for Voyager today to the 8th of March. Josh had some issues come up at work, and the 22nd would have worked.. if I was not adamant about NOT flying. He MUST be at work the 19th & 20th, which means in order to make the cruise we would have to fly.

So I guess it is good that I get to go 2 weeks sooner, but was looking forward to this date, as Josh's bday is on the 23rd. Oh well.

Mike

UGH, well I had to change the date for Voyager today to the 8th of March. Josh had some issues come up at work, and the 22nd would have worked.. if I was not adamant about NOT flying. He MUST be at work the 19th & 20th, which means in order to make the cruise we would have to fly.

So I guess it is good that I get to go 2 weeks sooner, but was looking forward to this date, as Josh's bday is on the 23rd. Oh well.

Mike

Mike, so sorry you guys won't be joining us. But you'll have to come back and give us details just prior to our cruise.

Mike, so sorry you guys won't be joining us. But you'll have to come back and give us details just prior to our cruise.

You can bet I will! I started a thread to see if there are any other FOD on the sailing I am going on.. no takers yet.. we shall see!

The results of Prop 8 just break my heart! :mad:

Please know: You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the support Bill. We are still fighting the battle. Looks like it will go back to the courts.

Mike, sorry that you and partner will not be joining us. Please warm up the ship for us though.

• 1 month later...
Happy Holidays! This board has been very quiet? Bill you still here?

Yep, still around. Haven't checked the boards in a while. As I mentioned on the other board, I am now unemployed...as of Thanksgiving. :(And the holidays have just been so busy, too.

How are you doing?

I'll keep you in my thoughts concerning your job.

We both really want to go on the cruise. And it's paid for...so we figure we probably will. The key will be the job. We're keeping our eyes on the cut off date for cancellation...but at this point, we're thinking we'll go. We REALLY need a vacation!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning, Jason! What an exciting day for our country. I am so thrilled and am glued to the TV, watching all the festivities that are taking place in D.C. Wish I were there!

Well, I look back on my last post and just laugh! Things sure change. We ended up making the decision to cancel the cruise. :mad: Even though it was all paid for, I figured if I do get a job soon (had a couple of interviews) then a vacation would be difficult. <sigh> We really, really wanted to go!

I wish you guys all the best and know you will have lots of fun! I will definitely plan to see some of you on a future cruise. Hope we can stay in touch and you can give me all the exciting details of the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

DH & I are currently booked on this cruise. I'm excited since we'll be belatedly celebrating our 7 year anniversary as well as a birthday.

Are any of you still planning to go down to the island early?

Osgon

DH & I are currently booked on this cruise. I'm excited since we'll be belatedly celebrating our 7 year anniversary as well as a birthday.

Are any of you still planning to go down to the island early?

Osgon

we are going to be staying in Houston the night before and driving down on Sunday Morning for the cruise. Happy Early Anniversary!

- Jason

• 1 month later...

Jason (and any others),

13 days and counting!

Is anyone planning to go to the CC meet & mingle? I've signed up to go. It'd be nice to meet some family there, too. (Husband won't go -- he'll be busy scouting for the best bartender and a quiet location from which to watch the sailaway.)

Perhaps we can meet for lunch before sailaway.

Andy

Jason (and any others),

13 days and counting!

Is anyone planning to go to the CC meet & mingle? I've signed up to go. It'd be nice to meet some family there, too. (Husband won't go -- he'll be busy scouting for the best bartender and a quiet location from which to watch the sailaway.)

Perhaps we can meet for lunch before sailaway.

Andy

We usually go up to the Sky Bar (or Pool Bar, depending on which one is open) for the Sail Away party.

Are you guys planning to do any SCUBA diving on the trip?

Jason

We usually go up to the Sky Bar (or Pool Bar, depending on which one is open) for the Sail Away party.

Are you guys planning to do any SCUBA diving on the trip?

Jason

I'm planning to get my PADI certification on this trip (finally). I did an intro dive at Cozumel 3 years ago and LOVED it. I haven't booked any other dives other than what's included in the cert. package. I'd love to do a shark dive in Honduras, but hubby isn't too excited about that particular idea. :)

Less than 5 days until sail away. I can hardly wait! I look forward to meeting you guys Sunday.

Hi guys,

I was totally surprised to actually find a thread for glbt people going on this cruise. My girlfriend and I are going on this cruise as well. Her first time. Can't wait til Sunday!

dynamanda

Welcome Aboard!

We hope to see you at either the meet & mingle and/or the Friends of Dorthy meeting.

Jason

Archived