Cruise ship port transfer from EZE

woodley

We booked the shuttle to the port with celebrity,later we found printed on our summary the shuttle to the pier is stated for 3pm. The problem with this is we arrive at eze at 6.25am. Allowing an hour for collecting luggage and immigration these means we will be stuck at the airport for 81/2 hours.

So I am thinking we will cancel the transfer and arrange some other means of transportation. Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Questions I need answers for are:-

What time can we get into the port area?

Are there any hotels that do day rooms either close to the port or the airport?

Is there a lounge with showers at the airport?

Is it realistic to arrange a tour guide to pick us up from the airport and do a 4 hour tour then drop us at the port (not sure if this will be a pleasant thing to do seeing as we will have been awake all night and had no shower and we will have all our luggage and valuables on us).

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Check this out:

http://airportbuenosaires.com/transportation-from-ezeiza.html

We pre-booked a 'remises' and the driver waited with a sign.

What I would probably do:

Book a hotel in the Microcentro, lots of choices of decent mid-prized hotels. Take a nap and head out on my own and on foot along Calle Florida towards the cathedral and the Casa Rosada. Take the HoponHop off bus in front of the cathedral if there is time left. Have the hotel call a taxi when it is time to go to the cruise terminal.

The cruise terminal is basic and also used for the ferries to Uruguay. It's a commercial port!

Thanks for the info it was helpful. However I called Celebrity today and was told that the transportation starts at 10am to 3pm so I think we will just find somewhere to have breakfast in the airport and wait for the shuttle to start to the pier. I suppose it makes no difference if we wait a couple of hours in the airport to waiting at the pier. At least we should be board a little earlier than a 3pm shuttle would have allowed.