Door Decor

sbartist

I've decorated our door twice and so far they have not walked away but I don't do a lot ..... just a sign with our name and the years with some cute scrapebooking stuff about cruising. Last Feb I had 22 cabins on the Glory and we made cabin doors for everyone as a group project and had a ball. It sure did help finding our cabin along that long hall way.

• 3 weeks later...
This is awsome!!! gosh, our craft stores dont carry anything like this,

I would love to do this for our upcoming cruise on Oct 4,2009. Did you

purchase the materials in a store or on line??

Thanks,

Kate

Thanks Kate. The silver porthole is just 12x12 paper that I cut by hand. Inside the porthole I just used fun foam and cut with some of the dies I have.

I did this for my husband's 40th birthday last year. We had so much fun with it. It got him LOTS of attention... :p

P1010125.jpg

Great idea - I wish more people would decorate their doors too, it makes it fun. One problem I encountered on our cabin door was it had faux louvers making it difficult to decorate. No one stole anything off our door and I changed it often.

We put a Labor Day 3-Peat sign on everyone's door this year (16 cabins) along with decorated stars for everyone that was staying in the cabin

For the most part no one bothered them. A few youngsters from down the hall thought it would be funny to tear down the stars on a couple of the doors and write their own names on them for their doors. I guess the REALLY wanted to be part of our group!

10631_790860656792_5127595_46308600_1881762_n.jpg

10631_790860651802_5127595_46308599_3817454_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I did this for my husband's 40th birthday last year. We had so much fun with it. It got him LOTS of attention... :p

P1010125.jpg

Wow, That door decor is great and a nice surprise for your husband's b-day..If someone did the same thing for me i will really be happy and be surprise..

• 3 weeks later...

I think the port hole is adorable! I found some easy children's foam crafts at my local Hancock's that I plan to take for our Christmas cruise. They had Christmas trees, wreaths, candy canes, etc. Since they are made of craft foam, they are light enough to stick to the door with a few magnets.

Love it.....We always decorate our doors. I find lots of "stuff" in party stores and costume shops. Had a ball in the Med. and changed our doors as we changed countries. I also find things online. Every time I see anything that could be used for a future cruise, I buy it. Even had a life size picture of "David" with a fig leaf when we were in Florence.

I thought my hubby would roll his eyes when he saw that I have done a door decoration for every day of our cruise. Actually, it's just a cartoon graphic of the two of us that I've created caption balloons for, such as:

"Lido Deck for Sail-Away!" or "Time for Trivia!"

"Lifeboat Drill! Get to your muster stations!"

Things like that. I'll post them after the cruise, once I take a pic everyday. So I'll come back and see you then!

I've never had anyone take anything that they shouldn't take. I say that because I also make a bunch of little fun-foam rememberance tokens (refridgerator magnet size) with the ship's name and the sail date and I invite people to take one as a souvenier. Usually, they play nice and once all the "gifts" are gone, I take the "have one!" sign down. It's been fun, and there's never been a time that people don't seek us out and thank us for their little rememberance gift. It's been a nice way to meet people.

I love hearing them giggle outside our cabin door, so I know they're enjoying them as much as we do! For the most part, everyone thinks they're too nice to do anything mean, destroy or steal them. Which is very nice.

We decorated our door last year when we were on Carnival Splendor and we didn't have any problem with people stealing anything off of our door. My granddaughter just loved it.One night she was racing us to our door and a nice lady said to her "so you are the pretty girl in the picture". She told her that is how they find their room. I will decorated our door every time from now on.

A couple of times we have cruised with family and friends and have done a decorated dry-eraser board we put on the door. We'd leave notes to let our people know where we were and I was often surprised to find cute little notes and art work from strangers who just wanted to get in on the fun.

When we sail in January it will be our honeymoon! So I'm going to put a Happy Honeymoon (Bride and Groom) on the door. It will embaress sweetums, but he'll get a laugh out of it, and so will our neighbors who think honeymooners have to be young. We are in our late 50's!:eek:

This is the first time we have decorated our door and I will do it every time from now on. It made it so easy to find our room and it was so fun. I surprised our friends and decorated thier door and they loved it as well. It makes it fun and different.

BG14.jpg.cc77f69abe7c4db85fc4af1ec15f4549.jpg

This is the first time we have decorated our door and I will do it every time from now on. It made it so easy to find our room and it was so fun. I surprised our friends and decorated their door and they loved it as well. It makes it fun and different.

BG14.jpg.c55ee944843aad8460b582ecb64c518f.jpg

• 5 years later...

Hi Bonnie, (hope you are getting this note)

Well I am still working towards getting supplies for my porthole. I ordered the ship and skull. They are coming I believe from England. Where did you get the porthole. I'm struggling locating a porthole similar to yours. Also, what is it made out of? Did you have to use a machine for this or was it ready for you to cut out? Please email me at: jhellerstedt@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Joanne