seattle place to eat by Hilton

cruisehunter

Looking for a place to eat the day before our cruise in mid May . Taken my father to Alaska . He is a little older and not use to Traveling for 6 hrs on a plane.So i think since we get into Seattle at noon . I would try to find something close to the hotel . We like all kinds of food. Thanks ahead:)

There are so many choices. I would take him to Von's between 7th and Pike (I believe). It's a Seattle landmark restaurant, been in business since 1910. Great food, great variety, best martini's in town (so they say, I can't stand a martini), local memorablia hanging from the ceiling, indoor/outdoor seating, rotisserie beef and chicken, fish and chips, great chili, yummy clam chowder (no potatoes) and the hottest red hot candy's in a fire bucket by the door for your after dinner 'mint'!

I agree with Von's. It is about 4 blocks from the Hilton. I try to eat there whenever I am in Seattle. They have great breakfasts too. Make reservations for dinner or you may have to wait in the bar for a bit.

Von's Grand City Cafe

619 Pine St

Seattle, WA 98101

(206) 621-8667

If you want authentic Northest cuisine, my vote would be for one of Tom Douglas's restaurants. Dahlia Lounge is my favorite; it's on the corner of 4th & Virginia. Fabulous Northwest cuisine, and coconut cream pie that's to die for! Etta's, another of his restaurants, is also very, very good.

Other favorites for a special dinner: Earth & Ocean and Sazerac, both on 4th Avenue; Wild Ginger, on 3rd. I believe all of them have websites.

Bon appetite! (And enjoy your cruise!)

Archived